- BorisAnswered on April 15, 2016 at 01:01 AM
The problem with incorrect calculations happens because you are using insert/calculate type of conditions on a form calculation field:
Using insert conditions on a form calculation field will always cause conflicts, because the form can't know which value it should have - the one calculated by the calculation, or the one inserted by the condition.
1. What I would recommend in your form's case, is to completely remove the two insert conditions from the form:
2. Next, we will assign calculation values to the options of your "tax status" field, so that New York residents have a value of 0.08875, and outside people have a value of zero:
3. Finally, we will modify your calculation to get its tax percentage from the tax status field:
This will resolve the conflicts that currently exist on your form between calculated and inserted values, and your form should be functioning as intended. Please try it out and let us know how it goes.
- HeleniumAnswered on April 15, 2016 at 02:39 PM
Looks like it's working now -- thanks very much for working through this and the other issue I was experiencing with this form! I am very impressed with Jotform's responsiveness to tech support questions.