- survivalskillsAsked on May 22, 2016 at 04:15 AM
Hi, I've followed the tutorial steps on this page:
The app has been added in FB, and the page tab has been renamed 'Contact Us'.
But when I click the tab button all I get is your generic 404 page
Can you help me figure this out as I am totally stumped.
Kevin WilliamsPage URL:
- JotForm SupportBJoannaAnswered on May 22, 2016 at 06:29 AM
I have checked Facebook page you provided and I saw mentioned issue. When I inspected your Facebook page I found ID of the form that is added there. However I saw not able to find any form with that ID on your account either on some other account. That form dose not exist.
Please try removing the app and add it again. https://www.jotform.com/help/22-Adding-Form-to-Facebook-Page
If the issue persist, please let us know.
- survivalskillsAnswered on May 22, 2016 at 07:34 AM
Hi Joanna, thanks for your response. I already tried that, and got exactly the same "404 form not found" problem.
Is there any way of manually editing the Form ID?
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on May 22, 2016 at 09:03 AM
I am currently checking your form. I will be back as soon as I see the where the problem is.
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on May 22, 2016 at 09:05 AM
I cloned your form - http://www.jotformeu.com/form/20552775381355 - and tried integrating it to my test FB page and it worked. Please see below.
Is this the form you are trying to integrate?
We will wait for your response.
- survivalskillsAnswered on May 22, 2016 at 01:28 PM
The link leads to the correct form and I can open the linked form in my browser...
...but the screenshot is of a different form, so that is NOT my form you are seeing.
I've just tried again - removed the Jotform app from inside FB, gone back to the Jotform Form Edit page, selected publish then platforms, then FB, then selected 'add Jotform tab', gone through authorisation process, renamed the tab Contact Us, clicked on it from inside FB and i'm still getting the 404 error.
I've also tried installing this form an another FB page I am joint admininster for, and got exactly the same Form Not Found error.
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on May 22, 2016 at 02:02 PM
I'm checking on this issue. Could you please try adding the form to your Facebook page using an alternate method by using custom iFrame app. Please refer to the guide below that can help you with this.
I'll get back to you as soon as I found any information with Facebook page tab from the publish wizard.
Thank you for your patience.
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on May 22, 2016 at 02:36 PM
I have tried to embedding the form to my test Facebook page and was able to add the Tab normally. Could you try the steps following below to remove the tab and add it again to your facebook page?
1. Remove the tab from your facebook page
2. Logout from your facebook account
3. Clear the form caches from the settings of your JotForm account
4. Logout from your JotForm account
5. Close all the instances of the browser opened on your desktop
6. Open the browser again
7. Now, login to your JotForm account
8. Open the form that you want to embed on the Facebook page
9. Click on Publish icon to access Publish wizard and try adding JotForm tab to your Facebook page
10. You should be now prompted to login to your facebook account
11. Once you login to your facebook account, you'll need to choose the facebook page where you want to embed the form
12. Up on your confirmation, the form should be added to your facebook page.
Please check the facebook page now and see if the form is embedded/displaying correctly. Let us know if you need any further assistance. We will be happy to assist.