- tony10881Asked on June 09, 2016 at 06:39 AM
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on June 09, 2016 at 08:30 AM
You can setup your form so that it will only accept submissions from unique users only by checking cookies and/or IP. This feature - called Unique Submissions - is available only in old Preferences wizard so you need to activate the old wizard. To activate that old wizard, simply add &old in your url while you are in the form builder. Please see steps below.
Please see How to Set Unique Submissions on a Form for more details.
- tony10881Answered on June 09, 2016 at 08:42 AM
Will this limit submissions to 1 per day per IP address or 1 submission per IP address period? If it's 1 per day, that's perfect, if it's just 1 total, that isn't going to work.
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on June 09, 2016 at 09:38 AM
It is going to limit submissions as 1 submission per IP address. Unfortunately, if you need each of your users to submit the form once per day, you can limit the submission based on cookies only. You can then ask your users to clear their cookies everyday.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on June 09, 2016 at 09:53 AM
Cookies also won't go away within a day. They are set for a year.
And asking users to delete cookies is not something easy. Most users won't be able to do.
If the user enters the form manually (not an automated bot), these are the ONLY options we have.
- tony10881Answered on June 09, 2016 at 10:42 AM
Fully agree with aytekin.