- apeitaAsked on July 05, 2016 at 02:07 AM
can this forms be sent to an email for approval/deny links for leave request or travel request
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on July 05, 2016 at 03:32 AM
Yes, this is possible. We have this guide for assigning status in form submissions: https://www.jotform.com/help/194-How-to-assign-a-status-to-submissions. You can adopt this method.
Since you'd like another people to approve the submission, you can do it this way:
1. Assuming that you have the hidden box in the form.
2. Add a notifier (https://www.jotform.com/help/25-Setting-Up-Email-Notifications). In this notifier, add that person who will approve the submission as the recipient.
3. In the body of the notifier, add the edit link:
4. Save your form.
It works this way;
Submitters will submit the form. The approver will receive the email. The approver will click the edit link in the email. The approver will put the status in the hidden box and resubmit it. If you have a regular email for your own, you will also receive the edit email.
I hope that works. Let us know if you need any further assistance.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on July 05, 2016 at 03:40 AM
My apologies. I just found out that the hidden box won't appear in the edit link. The box will only appear if you edit the submission in the form submissions page. So, instead of the hidden box, please do the following:
1. Add an approval section in the form. You can password-protect the fields with conditions. You can layout the section this way:
2. Add a conditional logic to only show the approval and message area when "Approval Code" is filled with a correct string:
Here's my test form: https://form.jotform.com/61854841963971.
Here's an example edit link: https://www.jotform.com/edit/343513225113537020.
You have to enter: abc