- grupovisionAsked on July 07, 2016 at 04:48 PM
I have some selection fields with "Special Option = Months" but need the mail is received to numbers.
1. Select: January Email = month_field: 1
2. Select: February email = month_field: 2
I can do this?
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on July 07, 2016 at 07:31 PM
It is not possible to set this up inside the field. However, you my consider the following workaround:
1) Add a Form Calculation field which you will use to replace the month field in your notification:
2) Remove the special value of your Drop Down field, and add the options manually:
3) Assign to each option a value number: https://www.jotform.com/help/301-How-to-Assign-Calculation-Value
4) Assign the Drop Down "months" field into the Form Calculation widget:
5) Edit your email notification to replace your Drop Down field for the Form Calculation field:
5) Submit your form:
Here is my demo version: https://form.jotform.com/61887281920968
You may clone it to inspect further: http://www.jotform.com/help/42-How-to-Clone-an-Existing-Form-from-a-URL
Hope this helps.
- grupovisionAnswered on October 22, 2016 at 09:01 AM
Has a problem with this results. Need represents numbers with two characters (January = 01)
I tried adding zero to 1 to 9 months, but the result Mail shows without zero.
The system collects the application needs two characters to recognize the data and process the request automatically.
Thank you for your help!
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on October 22, 2016 at 02:31 PM
You can pass the value as a text and this should resolve the issue. In the calculation, hover and click your mouse on the field and make sure it should appear as A-Z:
- grupovisionAnswered on October 24, 2016 at 04:50 PM
Welvin No find where can change to A-Z
How can do it?
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on October 24, 2016 at 06:33 PM
You are on the old layout. You can click the field (avail_start_month) to change its color and make it as a text.
If you to access the new layout, simply log out from your account then clear your cookies for Jotform before logging in again.
- grupovisionAnswered on October 26, 2016 at 03:47 PM
Thank you Welvin!