JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
How can I replace months by numbers?Asked by grupovision on July 07, 2016 at 04:48 PM
I have some selection fields with "Special Option = Months" but need the mail is received to numbers.
1. Select: January Email = month_field: 1
2. Select: February email = month_field: 2
I can do this?
It is not possible to set this up inside the field. However, you my consider the following workaround:
1) Add a Form Calculation field which you will use to replace the month field in your notification:
2) Remove the special value of your Drop Down field, and add the options manually:
3) Assign to each option a value number: https://www.jotform.com/help/301-How-to-Assign-Calculation-Value
4) Assign the Drop Down "months" field into the Form Calculation widget:
5) Edit your email notification to replace your Drop Down field for the Form Calculation field:
5) Submit your form:
Here is my demo version: https://form.jotform.com/61887281920968
You may clone it to inspect further: http://www.jotform.com/help/42-How-to-Clone-an-Existing-Form-from-a-URL
Hope this helps.
Has a problem with this results. Need represents numbers with two characters (January = 01)
I tried adding zero to 1 to 9 months, but the result Mail shows without zero.
The system collects the application needs two characters to recognize the data and process the request automatically.
Thank you for your help!
You can pass the value as a text and this should resolve the issue. In the calculation, hover and click your mouse on the field and make sure it should appear as A-Z:
Welvin No find where can change to A-Z
How can do it?
You are on the old layout. You can click the field (avail_start_month) to change its color and make it as a text.
If you to access the new layout, simply log out from your account then clear your cookies for Jotform before logging in again.
Thank you Welvin!