- pardop1Asked on July 20, 2016 at 12:37 AM
the form is https://form.jotform.com/61965885630973 - but not really relevant
I want to provide a list of names of teachers (but maybe in a grid with headers). I need to know if they are returning, and what grade (1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc ) or subject (Spanish, art, computers, etc) they will be teaching and if their contact info is correct. I want to use drop down menus when i can and fill in the info i have and for the form recipient to only change if not correct - or something like this.
then i need the enduser to add any new faculty members, the grade or subject, and the email - basically the same info for the retuning faculty and staff.
Once you figure out the widget to widgets that will work for this, please start it so i can see how to do it. I do not want a generic demo that does not relate to my situation.
Thanks for your help.
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on July 20, 2016 at 03:53 AM
I believe there is currently no widget that fits your exact requirement. We do have a spreadsheet widget that lets you set some default values just like a spreadsheet. However, end users will not be able to update the default values. https://widgets.jotform.com/widget/spreadsheet.
We also have the Data Grid, which works the same way as the spreadsheet widget.
A possible workaround for your requirement would be to display the details of the teachers using HTML Table Listing Report that is embedded via an iframe within the form. Please allow me some time to setup the guide. I will be back shortly. Regards.
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on July 20, 2016 at 04:24 AM
1. Create a new form. This is where we will get the HTML Table Listing Report, and the form that the user will submit to add new faculty members.
2. Once the form is created, you can now create the Table Listing Report. Please follow this guide to set it up: How to Create an HTML Table Listing Report?.
3. Once created, copy the iFrame embed code of the report.
4. Now go back to your YAAG Updates 2016 and add a Text field. Paste the iFrame embed code on the text and add a link to the new form we created.
5. The text field should appear like the screenshot below.
6. As a final touch, go back to the New form again and change the Thank you page to redirect to the form's URL.
7. We're all done. Now the user can view the teacher's names in a table report. Then if they want to add a new faculty member, they can simply follow the link to the form and submit. The new faculty member will then appear in the table report once the form is refreshed.
To see it in action, here's the link to the cloned form that contains the HTML Table Report: https://form.jotform.com/62012022734945.
This is the link to the new form: https://form.jotform.com/62011806309952
You can clone both forms to see my setup.
Please let us know if you need further assistance.