- KaleighOleynikAsked on August 02, 2016 at 01:14 PM
I am hoping to create a survey form for facilities inspections for schools. Each section of the inspection (e.g. Main Office, Cafeteria, Safety) would need to have a weight between 1-5 points.
Is that possible?
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on August 02, 2016 at 02:30 PM
You can try the following methods:
1. Use a radio button if it's for single selection or checkbox if it's for multiple selections.
2. Add a calculation value for the field options (https://www.jotform.com/help/301-How-to-Assign-Calculation-Value). Let say, 1 for each option or zero for others.
3. Calculate the total of all the fields (https://www.jotform.com/help/259-How-to-perform-calculation-in-the-form). You can then calculate the percentage out from the total, the result is your grade.
You can check this for to percentage calculation: https://www.jotform.com/form-templates/percentage-calculator.
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on August 02, 2016 at 04:50 PM
You may use the Survey Fields:
For example, the "Star Rating" field will allow you to have this on your form:
Now, you may split your form in different sections, and adding a page break so your users can also fill the first section and then go to the next one, follow the process until the entire form is completed.
Here is a guide that will help you to create a multiple pages form: How-to-Create-Multi-Page-Forms
Following this, you will have your form separated in sections.
Hope this helps.