- cyberbarbkAsked on August 03, 2016 at 10:18 AM
I need a certificate to be able to be downloaded after the quiz is submitted.
The pdf as a hyper link in the 'Thank You' note at the end.
The pdf widget that I found has the pdf on quiz. I do not want it to appear that way.
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on August 03, 2016 at 11:37 AM
Is this the form you are working on?
As far as I understand, you want to attach the PDF submission to the autoresponder email that is being sent to the user filling up your form. Please follow the steps below to attach a PDF submission to your autoresponder.
Do let us know if you need further assistance.
- cyberbarbkAnswered on August 03, 2016 at 12:15 PM
How do I attached the PDF. Not a PDF of the quiz but a certificate of completing the quiz.
A separate file that I have to upload. Can you convert a PDF to HTML?
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on August 03, 2016 at 01:27 PM
Do you want to attach an external PDF file in auto-responder or notification email alert? Unfortunately is is currently not possible to attach any external file except submission PDF.
Can you convert a PDF to HTML?
Do send us the PDF file to us and we will see if we are able to convert it for you. You can send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and please ensure the subject of the email is "Thread #897265".
We will wait for your response.
- cyberbarbkAnswered on August 03, 2016 at 04:01 PM
I have over 15 of the certificate for the quizzes.
They can be converter
Is there an easier way?
- cyberbarbkAnswered on August 03, 2016 at 04:29 PM
Can the PDF widget be applied to the Thank You page?
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on August 03, 2016 at 06:01 PM
Unfortunately, that is not possible.
But what crossed my mind is that you can upload your HTML to some external server and make an HTML page with it, then you can just redirect your Thank you page to that link:
But that will work only if you have a separate form for each of the quiz.
Another way that I just thought of is that you can create Autoresponder for each certificate(where you can provide a URL of the appropriate PDF), and then use conditions to send the certificate according to the quiz.
1. So with conditions you can use Change email recipients option:
2. And then you can make conditions, for example, if the number of points is greater than certain amount you will send Autoresponder1(which have that certificate PDF in it) to the email field( which will be the email that your customer inputs:
Could something like that work for you?
Please let us know.
- cyberbarbkAnswered on August 03, 2016 at 06:40 PM
That is the issue providing a URL. All of the software on line all distorts the PDF.
If I could create a URL then adding it to the quiz would be solved.
At this point I only have the original PDF
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on August 03, 2016 at 08:56 PM
You can also just attached to the Email the external files by uploading them on your form.
Related article: New-Feature-Get-Uploaded-Files-as-Email-Attachments
For this to work, you will have to re-submit the user's submissions so that you can upload your external file.
When the user received the Autoresponder email it should now include the attached external files.
You can do the re-submission by using the EDIT button in the Submissions page.
You must add a hidden upload field in your form so you can use it during edit mode to upload the file.
You can also create conditional email so that the 1st submission email the user receive will be different to the next re-submission email.
User guide: How-to-Send-Email-Based-on-Selection
Hope this help. Let us know if you require further assistance.
- cyberbarbkAnswered on August 04, 2016 at 10:41 AM
But how do I get the PDF attached to the reply email?
Does the auto responder email include a copy of the quiz that they submitted? I do not want them to receive a copy of the quiz
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on August 04, 2016 at 12:32 PM
You will have to have Upload field in your form in order to do that.
What my colleague meant, if I'm not mistaken, is that you can have upload field on your form (you can make it hidden) and then when your clients submit the form, you can Edit the form, use the mentioned Upload field and upload the certificate that will go to your client's email that submitted that same form (via notifier). Also, as my colleague suggested you can use conditions to change the email recipient of that Notifier to be your client's email.
Could something like this work for you?
Plese let us know.