- narrowbridgecandlesAsked on August 20, 2016 at 01:11 PM
Hello, I am filling out practice submission to the form that I am creating and only some of the fields are showing up in my Jotform dashboard.
For example, name address etc, but none of the answers to any of the questions about how many of each candles and what people want to pay. please advise
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on August 20, 2016 at 01:26 PM
They do not show because the were submitted empty, if you want to show the empty fields in your submissions, simply disable the "Auto Hide Empty Fields" option: https://www.jotform.com/help/269-How-to-View-Form-Submissions
On regards of your form, I can see all the fields are set to be required. And I tried submitting them empty, but it was not possible due to the required validation.
Have you embedded your form in a webpage? Please let us know, so we can test there to see if the required validation is being bypassed.
- narrowbridgecandlesAnswered on August 20, 2016 at 01:45 PMyes, I have submitted the form into a wix website. all the fields were
filled out before they were submitted. That is how the candle total (that
is showing up) was generated
thanks so much for your help with this.
- narrowbridgecandlesAnswered on August 20, 2016 at 01:45 PMi meant embedded into a wix website
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on August 20, 2016 at 01:58 PM
Could you please share the exact URL of the Wix page where you have embedded your form? We would like to test your form there, so we can see if the forms submits empty.
- narrowbridgecandlesAnswered on August 20, 2016 at 02:45 PMhttp://plantsasallies.wix.com/narrowbridgecandles#!baltimore/w46kp
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on August 20, 2016 at 02:57 PM
I just tested your embed form in your site, and it did not allow me to submit the form with empty fields:
This might have been an isolated browser issue. Have you received more empty submissions? Please let us know if this happens again.
- narrowbridgecandlesAnswered on August 20, 2016 at 03:45 PMyes all the form submissions were received empty. I filled them out and I
put in numbers. the calculator at the bottom generated totals based on
those numbers. the calculation does show up. What can be done about an
"isolated browser issue"?
This form is 100% useless to me without the fields that are not showing.
please advise, thank you!
- narrowbridgecandlesAnswered on August 20, 2016 at 03:45 PMand not the submit button is not showing up!
- BenAnswered on August 20, 2016 at 05:22 PM
I took a look at your form Jonah and I see that if you for example add a number that is lower than 24 in the How many boxes of Hanukkah Candles would you like? field, the submit button will be removed from the form.
As soon as you add more than 24 it will be back there again.
Now looking at your form conditions, I see that there are many errors - usually when you are shown the warnings in red it means that you would need to make changes to the same, otherwise some issues could happen during your use of the form.
I presume that in some way this is causing you issues, so please do check them out and see which ones should be changed, added or removed.
If you still experience any issues afterwards, do let us know.
Also, you can test your form directly by accessing it over this page: http://www.jotform.us/form/61441665341149 which should work without any issues. If you can not recreate your issue on the direct link, however you can on Wix link, it will give us a bit more details as to what could be the cause of the same.