- MikeyAsked on September 18, 2016 at 10:01 PM
Sometimes when working with Paypal, you need to submit the form data to a processing script file so that it can insert the custom information into a database and then have the script redirect to Paypal checkout page. Is it possible to submit information to a script file before going to Paypal with Jotform? Currently, I am using the Paypal wizard (on a WP site) -- which means the form data will be directed to Paypal upon submission.
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on September 18, 2016 at 11:22 PM
Unfortunately it is not possible to direct the form to a script file before going to Paypal. You can only redirect to a different page after a payment has been made on the Paypal page.
If you want to automatically redirect the form to a script file after submission, you will have to use the Paypal Pro integration. By doing so, your user can make the payment directly on your form so you can redirect them to a script file upon submission of the form. For more info about paypal pro, please follow our post here: Difference Between PayPal & PayPal Pro. You can also check out this guide for paypal forms: PayPal Forms
If you need further assistance, please let us know.
- mikey213Answered on September 19, 2016 at 08:16 AM
Thank you for your quick response.
Just one last question: using just Paypal (not Pro), is there a way to store all of the form data in a database after the payment is made? Or, with Paypal, is Pro the only way for me to achieve getting all the data into a database after a payment is made?
- JotForm SupportRoseAnswered on September 19, 2016 at 08:37 AM
There are several ways to store submission data in an external database. These are listed here below.
1. Using Send Form Post Data feature to add the data to your database indirectly but you need to write some PHP or other programming language server side code to insert the data to your database.
2. Exporting your form submission to an Excel file and import into your database. Following guidance assists you about how to export data to Excel.
3. Using Jotform Webhooks. This is in order to help you to transfer your data to your own database using your own script codes.
4. You may also achieve it via Zapier.
5.Sending submission to your MySQL database using PHP.
6.Using sqlserver application.
If you have more questions, please feel free to contact us. We would be glad to help you.
- MikeyAnswered on September 19, 2016 at 10:00 AM
Ooh, a bag of goodies! Hopefully, one of these links will help me. Thanks a bunch!