- FFS_userAsked on November 03, 2016 at 10:39 PM
I've followed all your great tutorials on how to pass fields from one form to another. It's working for a test form I made (Form 1A) but not for one I need it to work for (Form 1B). Form 1A passed the email and name perfectly for Form 2 but nothing passed from Form 1B.
FORM 1A (working):
FORM 1B (Not working):
FORM 2 (the Thank you URL):
I'm sure the url string is set up correctly in the form that's not working so I'm puzzled as to why it's not working. Any ideas?
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on November 04, 2016 at 01:56 AM
In your Form 1B, the name and email tags are incorrect.
You have these:
So you should use these in your thank you URL.
I have fixed this for your convenience.
I also use the first and last name tag so they are separated when they are populated to the second form.
The final URL looks like this
- FFS_userAnswered on November 04, 2016 at 07:53 AM
Ah, duh! I had it reversed in the URL! Thank you much for fixing and fixing the name fields.
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on November 04, 2016 at 10:26 AM
On behalf of my colleague, you're welcome.
Please let us know if we can be of more assistance.
- FFS_userAnswered on November 05, 2016 at 05:36 PMActually there is another question regarding this. The email address is showing up fine in the body of the Form 2 Admin Notification but how do I make it so it becomes the reply email address for the Form 2 Admin Notification? Right now the reply email is our own. Not a huge deal but it'd be nice to have the user's email as the reply email, if it's possible. Thanks!
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on November 05, 2016 at 10:32 PM
We will answer your other question on a separate thread here https://www.jotform.com/answers/983107.