- HavenAsked on November 15, 2016 at 11:16 PM
We are intending to use the form to collect customer informations in a marketing campaign and we would need the customer to submit a photo. There are a few questions that we would like to know:
1. Can we limit the size of the file they submit (since we would like to use the photos they submitted for future marketing purpose, we would need photos with high resolution - is it possible to set a reminder for them if they submit a photo lower than certain size, say 2.5mb?)2. The duration of the campaign would be a few months duration and it is possible that we may not need the service after the campaign. Once we downgrade to a free account, is the information collected still accessible and kept safely in the account?
Thanks and regards,
- JotForm SupportemilyAnswered on November 16, 2016 at 02:21 AM
For uploading photos and adjusting their sizes, I would recommend you to use File Upload.
You can alter the max file size. After adding file upload to your form, go to properties and set the maximum file size as you demand. Please note that you need to enter the values in Kilobyte(KB).
By changing allowed file types as shown below, only images can be submitted.
You can add sub label to the field as shown in the screen shots below since you want to set a reminder for the users.
Please have a look at the user guides below for further information.
I have opened a thread for your second question. It will be answered in the URL below.
If you have further questions please let us know.
- HavenAnswered on November 16, 2016 at 02:51 AM
Can I set a minimum file size instead of maximum? As we are worried about the resolution being too low.. And is "Bronze" plan good enough? Since I saw that it has unlimited total submission storage.
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on November 16, 2016 at 04:23 AM
Yes, you will be able to set a minimum file size for the upload field. Simply follow the steps below:
1. Click the gear icon on the top right of the upload field to open the settings.
2. Select the Options tab and input a Minimum value in the "Limit File Size" setting
3. Save the changes in your form.
I believe the Bronze plan is suitable for your requirement. However, please note that Total Submission Storage is different from Available Space. The Bronze plan gives you 10GB of available space for uploaded files. The total submissions storage refers to the submissions that you receive in the form, not the files that are uploaded.
If you need more than 10GB of available space for the uploads, you may choose a higher plan instead.
Please let us know if you need further assistance.
- HavenAnswered on November 16, 2016 at 11:19 PM
Does it mean that the 10GB is for file uploaded from the form submission, while the unlimited space is for the other data received in the form?
Also, the Bronze plan provides 1000 monthly submission, does that means it only allow 1000 response for each form?
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on November 17, 2016 at 01:05 AM
Yes, 10GB available space is for the file uploaded from the forms while the Unlimited space is for the Total Submission storage (which refers to other data received in the form) in Bronze Plan.
Please be noted that the 1000 monthly submissions is for the total monthly submissions of the whole account, regardless of the number of the forms you have.
See the Pricing Page for more details.