Update: For most recent instructions on Facebook Forms, please see
Add Form to Facebook document on our User Guide.
Facebook, with its 500 million users, is now probably largest marketplace in the world. Businesses rush to create their fan pages. I was reading Gary Vaynerchuk’s “Crush It” last weekend. He recommends Facebook to all entrepreneurs as a great place to build their personal brands.
Facebook recently allowed adding forms to Facebook pages using FBML (Facebook Markup Language) so we took advantage of that and made necessary adjustments to make JotForm code work on FBML pages. Unfortunately, FBML does not allow everything, so some features like Conditions and Validations are not available on Facebook Forms, but you can still create basic forms.
What types of Facebook Forms can you create with JotForm?
Whether you have a business fan page or you work on your personal brand, there are many types of Facebook forms you can create with JotForm. Here are some ideas:
– Create a Facebook survey for your fans.
– Add a quick Facebook contact form to your profile so that friends/fans can contact you directly from your email, instead sending a message on Facebook.
– Setup a quick newsletter sign-up form.
– Have your event registration form right on your Facebook page.
– Add a lead generation form on your Facebook fan page.
– Have a quick payment form on your page to receive PayPal or Credit Card payments or donations right from Facebook.
How to Add Facebook Forms to Your Pages
1. Go to your Facebook page and click on Edit Page.
2. You will need the Static FBML application to embed JotForm source to your page. If you already have that application on your page, you will see it listed on the bottom of the page.
3. If this is the case, click on the “Edit” link found in the application’s box. The “Edit” link is highlighted in the above screenshot. You can now skip to Step 5.
4. If you don’t have this application, you will need to add it to your page. Click on the link “Static FBML” to go to the application homepage.
5. On the Static FBML homepage, click on “Add to my Page”.
6. Click on Add to Page in the pop up window.
7. You can now add your JotForm code to your Facebook page. Navigate toJotForm website and open the form you want to add. Open the “Setup& Share” tab and click “Share Form” button found in the toolbar and select “Advanced Options” button in the lower left corner.
8. Facebook code can be found in the Social Network section. Open that section andclick on Facebook. Copy and paste the code to your FBML application.
9. Enjoy submissions from your fans.
You can also add a tab so that your form can be displayed on its own page.