Adding a contact form to your Facebook page is quick and easy with Jotform.
Before you start, make sure your Facebook Page has at least 2000 fans. According to Facebook, “The Page Tabs feature is only available to Pages with 2000 or more fans or Pages managed by whitelisted apps.”
Adding the Facebook Tab
Sign up for Jotform so you can add forms to your Facebook Page. After you have created your form in the Form Builder, please follow these steps:
- Click the Publish in the top menu.
- Go to the Platforms tab.
- Select Facebook from the options.
- Click the Add Jotform Tab button.
- Assuming you’re logged in with Facebook, select the page from the dropdown and click the Add Page Tab button.
- Go back to your Facebook page after successfully adding the tab.
- On your Facebook Page, click More and you will see a Contact Us tab. Click it to view your form.
How to Change the Tab Title
- Add the parameter settings?tab=apps to the end of the URL of your Facebook page. The final URL should look like the following:
- Click the Edit Settings link as highlighted in the image below.
- Type in your custom tab name. Click the Save button. Click Okay to exit.
How to Change the Contact Form
If you want to change the form from the added tab, you can do it by viewing the tab itself. You have to make sure that you are logged in to your Jotform account from the same browser where you’re currently viewing the tab. You’ll see the Settings (gear) icon on the left side. Click it to change the form.
How to Remove the Form on Facebook Page
- Add the parameter settings?tab=apps to the end of the URL of your Facebook page. The final URL should look like the following.
- Click the Remove icon of the Jotform app.
- Click Yes in the confirmation popup.
Facebook Tabs won’t work on mobile. Facebook hasn’t deployed this functionality yet. It should work as intended if you view it on a desktop. There’s a discussion on this page that will further explain Facebook’s stand on this. This post came straight from the Facebook team, courtesy of a developer support engineer.
That’s it! If you have any questions regarding this guide or issues adding your Jotform form to your Facebook page, please comment below or contact us through our support forum.
Haven’t you got started to build your form yet? Visit our Contact Form Generator page.