With Jotform’s Manual Prefill, prepopulating your form fields with data no longer needs you to go outside of the form builder. You no longer need to maintain a spreadsheet for multiple URLs as the prefilled URLs are saved within your settings and can be shared again when needed. It is also secured as prefill URLs are saved with unique tokens to display the data.
So, how do you prefill form fields with the data you provide with manual prefill? Let’s start!
- In the form builder, go to the Publish tab.
- Click the Prefill option.
- Click the Manual Prefill from the list.
- Click Add a New Prefill button. This will open the form where you can enter the data.
- Fill in all the fields you wish to prepopulate. Once done, click the Create button.
Note that at the top, you can change the “New Prefill” to your preferred label. We suggest this will be the name of the user.
By default, users can edit the pre-filled data. If you do not want users to edit the data, you can change the permission from Can Edit to Read Only. Click Can Edit and click the Read Only option.
You can select all Prefilled URLs and send or delete them at once. Click the Select All and click Send Invitation to send or click the Delete button to delete.
When you click Send Invitation button, a popup window will appear to enter the recipient’s email address of each prefilled URL. It is optional, but you can also add a message. Once ready, click the Send Invitation button at the bottom of the window.
You can select all Prefilled URLs, but note you can only send an invitation to up to five (5) people at a time. Selecting more than this number will display an error message and the button to sent the invitation is grayed out.
On each Prefilled URL, clicking the 3-dot menu will allow you to do the following:
- Edit Prefill – if you wish to edit the prefilled data for a specific user, click this option.
- Send Invitation – if you wish to send the prefilled URL individually or wish to resend it if the user lost the previous invitation.
- Copy URL – if you wish to send the prefilled URL manually.
- Rename – if you want to change the name of the Prefilled URL.
- Duplicate – useful if you want to update the data but wish to keep the previous details of the user.
- Delete URL – to delete the prefilled URL.
Manual Prefill supports the following fields only:
- Full Name
- Short Text
- Long Text
- Fill in the Blank
- Date Picker
- Single Choice
- Multiple Choice
- Scale Rating
If you have questions, suggestions, or having difficulty setting up the prefill, kindly comment below or contact us through our available support channels.
If you are curious about what else you can do with the Prefill, we suggest you check out the following page: Pre-populate Form Fields with Jotform Prefill.