Jotform Form’s Prefill allows you to prepopulate your form fields with data from another form in your account. It selects the main submission table of your form as the source where you can map the fields accordingly. While this requires manual setup in the form, this saves time for users to fill in the same data they previously submitted.
How to set up Form Prefill in the form? Let’s start!
- In the form builder, go to the Publish tab.
- Click Prefill.
- Click the Form Prefill option.
- Select the form from the list and map the fields you wish to prefill its data to your current form.
- Click the Add More button if you wish to map more fields. Click the Save button if you are done to save the mapping.
- Click the Add a New Prefill button. This will open the selected form’s table.
- From the table, you can select the individual submission or select all. The checkbox is available on the left side of each entry. Assuming you’ve already selected the submissions, click the Create button.
Note that while you can select all submissions, you can only create 20 Prefilled URLs at a time. Therefore, selecting all and clicking the Create button will not work. You will receive a message indicating the limit instead.
Additionally, you can filter the submissions to display a specific set of information. To know more about the filter, please visit the following guide: How to Use Different Filters to Easily Manage Your Data in Jotform Tables
- The Prefilled URLs are now created. Each of the Prefilled URLs is labeled based on the user’s name from the selected table.
The users can edit the Prefilled URLs. If you do not want users to edit the data, change the permission from Editable to Read Only.
You can select all Prefilled URLs and send or delete them at once. Click the Select All and click Send Invitation to send or click the Delete button to delete.
Clicking the Send Invitation will open the popup. The recipient’s email address is automatically filled with the user’s email address from the selected form. You can add a message to let users know of the prefilled URL. Click the Send Invitation to send.
You can select all Prefilled URLs, but note you can only send an invitation to up to five (5) people at a time. Selecting more than this number will display an error message, and the button to send the invitation is grayed out.
On each Prefilled URL, clicking the 3-dot menu will allow you to do the following:
- Send Invitation – if you wish to send the prefilled URL individually. It’s useful if the user lost the previous invitation.
- Copy URL – if you wish to send the prefilled URL manually.
- Rename – if you want to change the name of the Prefilled URL.
- Delete URL – to delete the prefilled URL.
If you want to add or remove the mapped fields, click Settings to do so.
Form Prefill supports the following fields only:
- Full Name
- Short Text
- Long Text
- Fill in the Blank
- Date Picker
- Single Choice
- Multiple Choice
- Scale Rating
If you have questions, suggestions, or having difficulty setting up the prefill, kindly comment below or contact us through our support channels.
If you are curious about what else you can do with the Prefill, we suggest you check out the following page: Pre-populate Form Fields with Jotform Prefill