Jotform Tables Prefill allows you to prepopulate form fields with data from a specific table of your form. As you already know, in Jotform Tables, you can add a new tab to view data from other forms you have. You could also create a blank tab or import existing data. You can select one of the tabs as the source to prefill your form.
Below are the steps to prefill your form with data from Jotform Tables:
- Go to the Publish tab in the Form Builder.
- Click Prefill on the left.
- Choose the Tables Prefill option.
- Select the source Table and Tab.
- Map the Tables’ fields to your form fields.
- Click Save Settings to save the changes.
- Next, click the Add a New Prefill button.
- Select the entries to prefill your form then click Create.
You can filter the submissions to display a specific set of information. To know more about the filter, see “How to Use Different Filters to Easily Manage Your Data in Jotform Tables”.
The Prefilled URLs are now created. Each of the Prefilled URLs is labeled based on the user’s name from the selected table.
- While you can select all submissions, you can only create 20 prefills at a time.
- Jotform Tables Prefill supports the following elements only:
- Full Name
- Short Text
- Long Text
- Single Choice
- Multiple Choice
- Scale Rating
Managing the Prefills
Clicking the prefill’s vertical ellipsis icon will allow you to do the following:
- Send Invitation – to send the prefilled URL via email.
- Copy URL – to copy the URL to the clipboard.
- Rename – to change the name of the Prefilled URL.
- Delete URL – to delete the prefilled URL.
You can also select all prefills and download, send, or delete them all at once.
When you click the Send Invitation button, a modal window is displayed. The recipients’ email address is automatically filled with the entry’s email address. Add a message if you wish to and click the Send Invitation button to start sending off invites.
You can select all the prefills, but you can only send an invitation to up to 5 people at a time.
By default, the invited users can edit the values on the form. If you do not want users to edit the data, change the permission from Editable to Read Only.
If you have questions, suggestions, or having difficulty setting up the prefill, kindly comment below or contact us through our support channels.
If you are curious about what else you can do with the Prefill, we suggest you check out the following page: Pre-populate Form Fields with Jotform Prefill
Thanks this was very helpful, appreciate all you guys do
I wish the prefill option allowed for more fields to be "pre-filled". If it did, this would be so useful!
I have created the form, prefilled it.. and sent the url to the emails.. I am facing some issues.
1) when the recipient clicks on the form, its not taking directly to the form in edit mode, rather asking to create a login / sign in to Jotform... it may deter form filling. I need the users to go the unique url of the form directly.
2) When I sent the URL using whatsapp, and they opeed the link on a browser.. and update the form information, a new submission row was created, rather than updatign the existing record..
When I follow these steps the emails addresses are not automatically populating when I go to send an invitation. How do I fix that?
I think it would be great to allow pre-fill URL columns to be inserted into tables. In other words to have the ability to insert a column into a table of one form (say application form) and for this column to automatically generate a URL which is a link to a pre-filled second form (say legal contract to be signed by the original applicant). It would simplify workflow of application and subsequent approval and legal contract generation.
When i select a table to prefill a form, the circle just keeps spinning. ANy ideas?
Is there any plan for this to work with date fields as destinations? I can extract the information (Training Date: Day, Training Date: Month, Training Date: Year) into three separate destination fields. According to this thread (https://www.jotform.com/answers/2123345-pre-populating-dates), the Prepopulate
App that is the predecessor to Jotform Prefill had no problem with pre-populating date fields. Nor does Manual Prefill. I suspect that support for Date fields is on the roadmap, but it did not make the cut for initial rollout of Jotform Prefill. I'm using a calculation workaround to populate the text value of months (e.g., if MonthValue is 8, then MonthText is August), but i'm wondering if there's a simpler workaround.
I have a database with 2000 users. Is there a way I can send more than 5 prefilled forms at a time?
Is there a way to assign a prefilled form? This is because i want to my clients use the prefill form many times.