Jotform Tables Prefill allows you to prepopulate form fields with data from a specific table of your form. As you already know, in Jotform Tables, you can add a new tab to view data from other forms you have. You could also create a blank tab or import existing data. You can select one of the tabs as the source to prefill your form.
Below are the steps to prefill your form with data from Jotform Tables:
- Go to the Publish tab.
- Click Prefill.
- Click the Jotform Tables Prefill option.
- Select the form as your source.
- Select the specific table from the chosen form.
- Match your form fields.
- Click the Add More button if you wish to match more fields. Click the Save button if you are done.
- Click the Add a New Prefill button. This will open the selected tab/table.
- From the Tables, you can select the individual submission or select all. Assuming you’ve already selected the submissions, click the Create button.
Note that while you can select all submissions, you can only create 20 Prefilled URLs at a time. Selecting all and clicking the Create button will not work. You will receive a message indicating the limit instead.
Additionally, you can filter the submissions to display a specific set of information. To know more about the filter, please visit the following guide: How to Use Different Filters to Easily Manage Your Data in Jotform Tables
- The Prefilled URLs are now created. Each of the Prefilled URLs is labeled based on the user’s name from the selected table.
By default, the users can edit the Prefilled URLs. If you do not want users to edit the data, change the permission from Can Edit to Read Only.
You can select all Prefilled URLs and send or delete them at once. Click the Select All and click Send Invitation to send or click the Delete button to delete.
When you click the Send Invitation button, a popup is displayed. The recipient’s email address is automatically filled with the user’s email address from the selected table. Add a message if you wish to, and click the Send Invitation button to start sending off an invite.
You can select all Prefilled URLs, but note you can only send an invitation to up to five (5) people at a time. Selecting more than this number will display an error message, and the button to send the invitation is grayed out.
On each Prefilled URL, clicking the 3-dot menu will allow you to do the following:
- Send Invitation – if you wish to send the prefilled URL individually. It’s useful if the user lost the previous invitation.
- Copy URL – if you wish to send the prefilled URL manually.
- Rename – if you want to change the name of the Prefilled URL.
- Delete URL – to delete the prefilled URL.
Click the Settings link if you wish to add or remove fields or remove the prefill altogether.
Jotform Tables Prefill supports the following fields only:
- Full Name
- Short Text
- Long Text
- Single Choice
- Multiple Choice
- Scale Rating
If you have questions, suggestions, or having difficulty setting up the prefill, kindly comment below or contact us through our support channels.
If you are curious about what else you can do with the Prefill, we suggest you check out the following page: Pre-populate Form Fields with Jotform Prefill