Jotform Tables Prefill allows you to prepopulate form fields with data from a specific table of your form. As you already know, in Jotform Tables, you can add a new tab to view data from other forms you have. You could also create a blank tab or import existing data. You can select one of the tabs as the source to prefill your form.
Below are the steps to prefill your form with data from Jotform Tables:
- Go to the Publish tab in the Form Builder.
- Click Prefill on the left.
- Choose the Tables Prefill option.
- Select the source Table and Tab.
- Map the Tables’ fields to your form fields.
- Click Save Settings to save the changes.
- Next, click the Add a New Prefill button.
- Select the entries to prefill your form then click Create.
You can filter the submissions to display a specific set of information. To know more about the filter, see “How to Use Different Filters to Easily Manage Your Data in Jotform Tables”.
The Prefilled URLs are now created. Each of the Prefilled URLs is labeled based on the user’s name from the selected table.
- While you can select all submissions, you can only create 20 prefills at a time.
- Jotform Tables Prefill supports the following elements only:
- Full Name
- Short Text
- Long Text
- Single Choice
- Multiple Choice
- Scale Rating
Managing the Prefills
Clicking the prefill’s vertical ellipsis icon will allow you to do the following:
- Send Invitation – to send the prefilled URL via email.
- Copy URL – to copy the URL to the clipboard.
- Rename – to change the name of the Prefilled URL.
- Delete URL – to delete the prefilled URL.
You can also select all prefills and download, send, or delete them all at once.
When you click the Send Invitation button, a modal window is displayed. The recipients’ email address is automatically filled with the entry’s email address. Add a message if you wish to and click the Send Invitation button to start sending off invites.
You can select all the prefills, but you can only send an invitation to up to 5 people at a time.
By default, the invited users can edit the values on the form. If you do not want users to edit the data, change the permission from Editable to Read Only.
If you have questions, suggestions, or having difficulty setting up the prefill, kindly comment below or contact us through our support channels.
If you are curious about what else you can do with the Prefill, we suggest you check out the following page: Pre-populate Form Fields with Jotform Prefill