- fiore72Asked on September 18, 2017 at 01:17 PM
Is it possible with Jotform to receive as attachments the form's pdf and uploaded files directly in a mail? Is there a plugin to do it?
Thanks on advance.
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on September 18, 2017 at 01:37 PM
Yes, simply create an email notification: https://www.jotform.com/help/25-Setting-Up-Email-Notifications
Then go to the advanced settings, and enable those options:
Let us know if you need more help.
- fiore72Answered on September 19, 2017 at 01:10 PM
Thanks for the answer but that's not what I meant. I would need the pdf created reflect the newly filled module faithfully. WYSIWYG. The module contains many hidden modules with conditions.
- JotForm SupportTREVONAnswered on September 19, 2017 at 02:02 PM
If I am getting you correctly you want to export submission in PDF including hidden fields right? If this is the case, kindly go to Submissions menu as shown below
2. Click gearbox on the right-hand side and uncheck Auto Hide Empty Fields as shown below:
Once submissions are made all the elements will be shown including the hidden elements.
if you need to display headers and Text in your form enable the "Show headers and Texts" which is below the "Auto Hide Empty fields"
Hope this information is helpful. Kindly do let us know if you need further assistance
- fiore72Answered on September 19, 2017 at 04:30 PM
No, the opposite. I want to see exactly how the module was filled. So if some fields are hidden they must also be hidden in the pdf.
I tried your solution, but it hides the empty fields, not the hidden fields.
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on September 19, 2017 at 04:53 PM
Usually, hidden fields would not receive data, so they would be submitted empty, and the solution provided by my colleague would work, so only the "Visible" fields that were filled, would show in the PDF form.
What is the form you are working on? Are you inputting data into those hidden fields? Are they permanent hidden fields? If this is the case, you could simply deselect them from the fields list, and they will not longer show up in the PDF:
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on September 19, 2017 at 07:43 PM
Are you saying that the hidden empty fields are shown in the attached PDF submission? Could you let us know what are those hidden fields?
Also, if you are referring to the hidden images that you are displaying based on a selection, they will still show up in your PDF if you have enable the option called "Show headers and text".
- fiore72Answered on September 19, 2017 at 08:16 PM
The problem is that i want to see text , Headers and image, but not hidden text, hidden headers and hidden image. Just look like the print pdf. Is it possible?
- JotForm SupportJanAnswered on September 19, 2017 at 09:59 PM
Please take note that the hidden text, hidden headers, and hidden images will still appear in the PDF submission if you enable the "Show Headers and Texts" option on the Submissions page.
I recommend you to use the PDF Designer to customize the PDF submission template. Here's a guide: How-to-Customize-PDF-Submissions-Report.
Hope that helps. Thank you.
- fiore72Answered on September 20, 2017 at 04:10 AMMy form is dynamic and there are many fields and images that are hidden based on the conditions set. Each form has hidden fields and images other than the previous one. I can not customize every single form. This should be done automatically and the email of the notification email should reflect the filled form in a faithful way. Did not you expect this functionality? Why does the button print work fine and exactly returns my filled form?
Thanks on advance.
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on September 20, 2017 at 04:53 AM
Why does the button print work fine and exactly returns my filled form?
It seems you would like to have the format of the attached PDF submission on Email to be exactly as the format of the form when clicking the Print button, unfortunately, that doesn't work that way. The PDF submission format that you are seeing in the Submission page is also the PDF submission format that will be shown in the Email.
If you have further questions or need further assistance, please let us know.