- sstte18Asked on October 11, 2017 at 06:09 PM
Hi. We are not seeing the description for which event/form a person is filling out on the backend via Stripe. According to their customer service, we would need to pass this info on to stripe via jot form. Is there a way to add the description to the payment request? i.e. payment for event 123. One example of this form is attachedPage URL:
- JotForm SupportJohn_BensonAnswered on October 11, 2017 at 11:08 PM
To my understanding, you want to send custom data to Stripe. To do that, please follow this guide: https://www.jotform.com/help/464-How-to-Send-Custom-Data-to-Stripe-Payment
If you have any questions, please let us know. Thank you.
- sstte18Answered on October 12, 2017 at 07:44 AM
when I went into this form under "additional gateway settings", there was no option for "custom data". It was already populated with choices of "none", and then ea of the fields "# of adults at $43.50" "# of seniors" etc....
And on this other form there is no option for custom data:
- JotForm SupportJohn_BensonAnswered on October 12, 2017 at 09:58 AM
For the Custom Data Field, you need to create a Short Text Entry field and name it with what you prefer. After that, the Custom Data Field will appear or the added Short Text Entry field to your form will appear on the selection. Keep in mind that it will not appear on Sell Subscription payment method.
Here's an example:
- Adding a Short Text Entry field.
- Adding Default Value or the Field ID to the Short Text Entry and making it Read-only. You can find the Field IDs and Names on this link: https://www.jotform.com/help/146-How-to-Find-Field-IDs-and-Names
- After that, open the Payment Settings. Change the Custom Data Field to the Short Text Entry field name.
If you need further assistance, please let us know. Thank you.
- sstte18Answered on October 12, 2017 at 10:30 AM
oh. Thanks for the clarification. I will do that and see if it works. Do I need to "show" this field to users in my conditions in order for it to show up to stripe??
- JotForm SupportJohn_BensonAnswered on October 12, 2017 at 12:07 PM
As long as the hidden field has a default value, it will appear on your submissions, notification email, and Stripe.
Please test it on your end and let us know how it goes. Thank you.
- sstte18Answered on October 12, 2017 at 03:42 PM
hmmm...I submitted a test selecting check option and I did not see the field on submissions. I DO have the default value in there.
- JotForm SupportJohn_BensonAnswered on October 12, 2017 at 04:10 PM
I checked the form (http://www.jotform.us/form/72825994828172) and I can see that nothing is selected on your Custom Data Field. Please change it to the name of the field you're trying to pass the value to stripe.
Here's a screenshot: (change the Custom Data Field to Payment Form Description)
Please try it again and let us know how it goes.
- sstte18Answered on October 12, 2017 at 05:01 PM
oh. I forgot to do that. I just did and tested it again but it's still not coming through on the submission notification. Is it b/c I have the field as read only AND hidden??
- sstte18Answered on October 12, 2017 at 05:27 PM
Another thought is that it's because I am only selecting the check option and this field is only attached to a credit card submission?? haven't tested the cc submission yet
- sstte18Answered on October 12, 2017 at 05:49 PM
It's working. I tested the cc submission. Thanks so much for all the help!
- sstte18Answered on October 12, 2017 at 06:06 PM
ugh...why now is the "payment description" field not hidden when I select credit card??
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on October 12, 2017 at 09:50 PM
You have conditions rule in your form that says that if plan to pay is equal to "Credit card" show Payment Description.
You can fix it by editing that condition and exclude the Payment Description field in the conditions rule SHOW action.
Let us know if you need further assistance.
- sstte18Answered on October 12, 2017 at 09:56 PM
Thank you. There are so many moving parts I forgot I had added that!