- cleanarcAsked on February 11, 2018 at 03:54 PM
My forms are filled out by clients who pay using credit cards (using Stripe). Clients can choose between a 1 year plan or 2 & 5 year plans. Under the two and 5 year plans, each year the clients need to be able to modify their submissions. Here is the challenge:
1. When either the client or I edit the submission, Jot form does not give me the option to have the modified submission register as new submission. Therefore, It does not trigger an API call through Zapier, and therefore does not generate a new product document for the client. At this point I have to manually re-enter the client information as a whole new entry, which is exceptionally time consuming.
2. After the first year, the clients modifications are free, so the editable renewal/submission, needs to either not show the credit card, or have it blanked out, or something. I also need to have it be limited to the number of edits based on the product (either 2 times or 5 times), except as an admin (me), I could edit whenever needed.
Is there a work around or fix to these issues?
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on February 11, 2018 at 06:27 PM
1) It is actually not an issue, that is the way it is intended to work. You may generate a pre-filled new form through URL parameters, so you or your client can register a new submission without having to fill the entire form again.
Please check this guide: https://www.jotform.com/help/351-How-to-Automatically-Pass-Form-Data-to-Another-Form
2) If you want to hide a field from the edit URL of the submission, please check this guide: https://www.jotform.com/help/389-How-to-Show-or-Hide-Fields-on-Edit-URL
Unfortunately, it is not possible to limit the numbers of edits that can be done through the edit URL.