- sharthanAsked on October 06, 2015 at 08:03 AM
The Court of Justice declares that the Commission’s US Safe Harbour Decision is invalid. Wil you put up a server in Europe for your european costumers?
Please reed this to get some back ground information if needed
- CharlieAnswered on October 06, 2015 at 10:27 AM
If you are referring to where the submission data are located, our data centers are in two regions, 2 data centers in USA and 1 in Germany.
If that does not suffice, I can forward your concern to our upper management, but please do let us know more about the concern you have.
- sharthanAnswered on October 06, 2015 at 01:23 PM
Due to the agreement is no longer valid as of today.
Is it possible to select to only have my forms sendt to the server in Germany?
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on October 06, 2015 at 02:56 PM
It is not currently possible to have your data sent to a single server. The data is replicated across all servers. I am not sure how the recent changes to Safe Harbor will affect our policies. I will forward this to our higher ups to see if they have any input. We will update you here as soon as we have any further information.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on October 08, 2015 at 08:11 AM
We are considering implementing a solution to replace the Safe Harbor. Would a solution like this work satisfy your needs?
1. On JotForm settings, you enable a setting that says "Host all form submission data only in European servers."
2. When you select that option we keep your form response data on our servers in Germany and we never transfer the data to US.
- sharthanAnswered on October 09, 2015 at 12:02 PM
Yes, that would solve the Safe Harbor issue.
How long would it take to get that in place?
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on October 09, 2015 at 12:10 PM
We hope to complete it next week. We will send an email to all European users when it is ready.
- sharthanAnswered on October 28, 2015 at 07:49 PM
Hello grate work on setting up a server in the EU!! I am also very glad you launched the encrypted message possibility. it has been long awaited.
I know it is in Beta so I hope you do not mind me noticing two errors so far.
1. It is not possible to edit the "Thank you message" (I am using Chrome browser).
2. When getting in a encrypted form and uploading the key for the form, it does not show the content of the inputs in the form. I know it contains something due to I was running tests on it ( see picture below).
Please keep me up to date on the progress on these bugs, and grate work!
- SammyAnswered on October 29, 2015 at 04:46 AM
Thank you for your kind compliments.
1. I did test the thank your page editing tool and was able to open it successfully, edit and save the changes I tested on chrome version 46.0.2490.80. What challenges are you encountering when using chrome?
2. I did check the mentioned encrypted form and indeed the submissions are missing except for the submissions date, since this thread already had a ticket assigned I moved the second question to a new one where the issue will be addressed.