Salesforce integration gives you the option to discard a duplicate entry or update the existing record with new values.
Standard Matching Rules
By default, the integration uses Salesforce’s standard matching rules to identify whether a record already exists in your Salesforce account.
If Salesforce returns a duplicate error upon creating a record, Jotform will try to find the original record and update it with the new values (if found).
Jotform uses the following values as parameters when looking for the original record to update:
- Full Name
- [Billing Address] City
- [Billing Address] Postal Code
For Contacts and Leads:
- Full Name
Your form must contain these fields and match them to corresponding Salesforce fields.
In summary, here is how exactly Duplicate Checking works:
- User submits the form
- Jotform sends the values to Salesforce
- If Salesforce detects duplicity (using the standard matching rules), Jotform will be notified
- If “Update Existing Entry” is selected, Jotform finds the original record using search parameters for the corresponding record type
- Jotform attempts to update this record