How to integrate Jotform with Salesforce
June 22, 2021
Jotform allows you to create great looking and flexible lead generation forms and contact forms, while Salesforce CRM software allows you to track and send leads to team members. Integrating your Jotform form data with your Salesforce database enables you to quickly capture more leads and speed up your sales process.
Follow these steps to set up the integration:
1. From the Settings panel under Integrations, find the Salesforce integration with a simple search.
2. Click the Authenticate button to link your Salesforce account. If you have already linked your Salesforce account, you can select it from the dropdown.
3. Once you’ve connected your account, choose one of the following options: Create a record or Find a record.
4. Select the type of data to transfer from the form. All standard and custom Salesforce objects are allowed.
5. Map your form questions to the data fields in your Salesforce database.
6. You have the option to check for duplicate entries. We recommend selecting Find and update the existing record. Alternatively, you can use Salesforce fields to check for duplicates. If a record is found, it will be updated automatically. Otherwise, a new record will be created.
Example Integration: Find an Account and create a Contact using the found Account
1. Select Find a record as the first action; then select Account from the list of objects.
2. Match your fields to define the search criteria. In this example, we matched the Company form field to the Account Name Salesforce field.
3. Select Create a new record if there is no match. Match your form fields to your Salesforce fields to create a record.
4. Click the Save Action button.
5. Let’s add a new action to create a Contact. Click the Add a new action button.
6. Select Create a record for the second action, and then select Contact from the list of objects.
7. Match your form fields to the Salesforce contact fields.
8. Add the Account ID Salesforce field and select 1. Find Account record from the Jotform fields. That will pull up the Account ID that was found or created in the first action.
9. Select Find and update the existing record, and match the fields to define the update criteria. For example, we matched the Last Name and Email fields.
10. Click the Save Integration button.
That’s it! Your form data will be sent to Salesforce every time your form is submitted.
Have you given it a try? Tell us what you think in the comments below.
Thank you for helping improve Jotform's user guides. 🎉