- jeffsedangroupAsked on January 19, 2017 at 05:27 PM
This is for an anonymous crime tip hotline website.
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on January 19, 2017 at 09:58 PM
You can use the Auto Delete Submissions widget: https://apps.jotform.com/app/auto_delete_submissions
Let us know if you have more questions.
- jeffsedangroupAnswered on January 20, 2017 at 01:09 PM
Understood that there is a plugin that removes from your system. My question is more specific, do you records of submissions with information such as ip information internally? Are there logs showing the IP information if there is a court order?
- JotForm SupportJim_RAnswered on January 20, 2017 at 02:37 PM
All submissions done on your form will be logged and stored inside your account through the Submissions Page.
Related guide: How-to-View-Form-Submissions
It includes all the form fields filled out by your users/respondents, along with their IP address. Now, those records will only stay there if and only if you let them stay there.
When deleting submissions, you will see this warning message (see screenshot below). Deleting submission data is irreversible and will permanently remove it in our servers, including the file uploads on them.
Related guide: How-to-Delete-Form-Submission-Data
So, if you're concerned about anonymity, then deleting the submission will completely remove the logs/records from our servers, regardless if you delete them manually or if you'll use the app suggested by my colleague.
- jeffsedangroupAnswered on January 20, 2017 at 02:46 PMIs there any way to not keep track of the IP addresses to begin with?
- JotForm SupportJim_RAnswered on January 20, 2017 at 03:58 PM
The moment a form is submitted, your user's info will be logged, along with his IP address. If you'll use the Auto-Delete App, then there's no way for you (or for us) to know their submission data and IP.
Your only source of info would be the Email Notifications you'll receive if you have setup one. And the email template doesn't include the IP address of the respondent by default, it will only include the form fields.