- cricketsportsAsked on July 14, 2017 at 02:18 PM
I have a form that works fine on the pc but when I try from my iphone the submit button just bumps me back to the top of the page and doesn't submit anything.Page URL:
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on July 14, 2017 at 02:50 PM
I cloned your form to test it and was able to submit the form without issue the form an an Iphone 5. Is the form embedded to a webpage by any chance? As far as I can tell, the form should work on mobile.
- cricketsportsAnswered on July 14, 2017 at 03:13 PM
Thanks, I just noticed that since I asked the question. It was embedded on a wix site. I decided not to do that. It submits from my iphone 7 now okay but instead of going to the thank you page (which is on Wix) it goes to an error message. I do need the thank you page to be on Wix because it has some custom content from there. When you submmitted did you get an error?
- cricketsportsAnswered on July 14, 2017 at 03:20 PM
I get an error now that say "Multiple Submissions are disabled for this form" I do have the email address set to not contain duplicates but that's it.
- JotForm SupportBJoannaAnswered on July 14, 2017 at 03:40 PM
Unique Question inside of the form settings is set to email and because of that you are not able to submit the form more then once with same email.
I tested your form on my laptop and I was not able to replicate the issue with an error message that is shown instead of the thank you page. I was redirected to this page.
One of my colleagues tested your form on iPhone and he was also not able to replicate issue that you reported.
Do you have this issue only when you test the form on iPhone?
Please test your form again. You can try to use some other browser or if possible some other device.
If the issue still persist, please provide us a screenshot of error message that is shown.
Let us know if you need further assistance.
- cricketsportsAnswered on July 14, 2017 at 03:43 PM
It works fine for me on other devices and pcs. Yes, we want to limit the entries to one per email address. That function appears to work on devices other than our iphone7s. I will do some more testing. Thanks much!
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on July 14, 2017 at 03:48 PM
If it is working on other devices, try a different browser on the device that is not working, Chrome or FireFox tend to work best.. It may be something browser specific causing the issue.
- cricketsportsAnswered on July 14, 2017 at 04:06 PM
Okay, so I just disabled the unique question on the email. Now the form works on the iphone7s again. However, I am now getting two submissions from everyone who enters and they are getting two confirmation emails. There is an index field set up on the form so every submission has a unique code and the two emails they are getting have different numbers so they are actually getting submitted twice somehow. Not my day for sure. Thanks.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on July 14, 2017 at 04:32 PM
It is likely a script conflict in the page. If you have embedded the form using the default script embed, please replace that with our iframe method: https://www.jotform.com/help/148-Getting-the-Form-iFrame-Code.
- cricketsportsAnswered on July 14, 2017 at 05:04 PM
Oops, same for iphone 6. PCs seem to work fine. Not sure about android yet.
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on July 14, 2017 at 05:22 PM
Since the duplicate submission issue appears to be unrelated to the original, I have moved it to a thread of its own. I will address that question inthe following thread shortly:
- cricketsportsAnswered on July 14, 2017 at 05:28 PM
Sorry, I just did the same thing a bit ago. We now have two almost identical questions. Sorry and thanks.
- cricketsportsAnswered on July 14, 2017 at 08:44 PMNew response receivedThanks, It’s not embedded at all now. I am just linking to jotform. Oddly now, when anyone submits from an iphone7 (and just the iphone 7) they are getting two submissions. Any thoughts on that?
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on July 15, 2017 at 03:18 AM
I just did a test submission from my phone (iPhone 7) and I received only one submission email.
Also, I checked the submissions page:
The last submission is mine, so it went once. And the submission before that. The duplicate submission could happen if your users clicked back button in their Browser after submitting the form.
That could create another submission.
You could prevent that by enabling unique submissions option: https://www.jotform.com/help/64-How-to-Set-Unique-Submissions-on-a-Form
Please let us know if you have any further questions.