- unbelievablereceivablesAsked on October 08, 2014 at 08:04 AM
And by redirect I mean after they provide their data to paypal will it redirect them back to the form so they can submit the form after payment or would it be better to just have them submit the request and make the paypal button a seperate link below the request form on our site?
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on October 08, 2014 at 09:47 AM
I am not sure if I have understood your question correctly. Do you want your user to redirect to your form after successfully PayPal payment?
Please be noted that when you click on the submit button of your form, user will be redirected to PayPal checkout page where they will be able to make the subscription payment. Once the payment is successful, user will be automatically redirected to thank you message of your form.
If you want to redirect to your form again, you can set the custom thank you URL of your form to the same form URL or any form. The following guide should help you: http://www.jotform.com/help/38-Redirecting-Users-to-a-Different-Page
- unbelievablereceivablesAnswered on October 08, 2014 at 10:52 AM
That does help to answer my question, thank you. So, just to clerify, as long as i have a valid paypal account and add the paypal payment button to the form i should instruct them to hit the paypal button and then it will redirect them back to the form so they can submit it, correct?
- BenAnswered on October 08, 2014 at 12:01 PM
So, just to clerify, as long as i have a valid paypal account and add the paypal payment button to the form i should instruct them to hit the paypal button and then it will redirect them back to the form so they can submit it, correct?
No, this is not entirely correct. I will place it in steps:
1. user comes to your jotform and fills it up
2. user submits the jotform
3. if there are any payment items selected for purchase (depending on implementation they do not need to be) the user is redirected to PayPal
4. after the payment is made the user is redirected to your jotforms Thank you page (not back to jotform to fill it out again or submit)
If you are not familiar with a Thank you page you should take a look at this guide as well: Setting Up the Thank You Page.
Do let us know if you have any further questions.
- MCWFMAnswered on September 08, 2015 at 09:07 PM
Ok I have a problem I am testing the payment in the Sandbox mode and when I test things and go to submit payment ... I do not get directed to the thank you page and the form contents that have been filled out never gets submitted. I never get an email showing the form. However when I remove the paypal part from the form the form works good again.
Is this happening only because its in sandbox mode? Why would it not submit the form though so I can really test this out? I am very confused.
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on September 09, 2015 at 12:52 AM
If you have a PayPal payment question in your form and it is submitted, user will be redirected to PayPal checkout page. Once the PayPal payment is successful then only user will be redirected to the thank you page.
I did test your form and I was redirected successfully to PayPal checkout page. Please check the screenshot below:
If the payment us successful, the submissions will be recorded correctly. If you do not settle the payment after being redirect to PayPal page, the submission will be saved as incomplete payment. You may like to take a look at the following guide for more information on incomplete payments:
You may also like to check the following guide on how to receive notification emails for incomplete payments as well: https://www.jotform.com/help/273-How-to-setup-Incomplete-Payment-Notification-E-mail
Hope this helps.
Do get back to us if you have any questions.
- BashawMinorBallAnswered on February 20, 2017 at 08:56 PMI am having the same problem. If the Pay Pal option is not on the form, and the form is submitted it is shown as a submitted form on the backend of Jotform. Once I add Pay Pal payment to the form, my payment does show up on Pay Pal as completed but no form information is shown on Jot Form, it is as if nobody filled anything out. I have their payment and money but no form on Jotform.
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on February 20, 2017 at 10:25 PM
To better assist you, I have moved your concern to a separate thread. You will be answered here: https://www.jotform.com/answers/1071600.