- JanineMottAsked on October 06, 2015 at 02:13 PM
I created a form that has to be signed by two different individuals. Is this possible? How can the first person to sign then send the from to the next person?
- JotForm SupportMikeAnswered on October 06, 2015 at 03:51 PM
Thank you for contacting us.
Please see the next guide to get the idea:
You can use available Signature widgets or text box fields.
Both E-Signature and Smooth Signature work right when submission is edited (signed by the second person).
If you need any further assistance, please let us know.
- JanineMottAnswered on October 09, 2015 at 06:33 PM
I will need step by step instructions. Before someone submits the form to me, they need to send it to someone else for a second signature, and then submit it to me.
- CharlieAnswered on October 10, 2015 at 04:47 AM
That's possible by following these steps:
1. First, I create 2 notifications, each will only be sent when the signature field is meant. Here's how to setup a notification: http://www.jotform.com/help/25-Setting-Up-Email-Notifications
2. Add a signature that will be filled out by the approvers.
3. You can then use conditional logic to trigger the notifications to be sent to specific emails. Here's a guide that you can follow: http://www.jotform.com/help/167-How-to-send-to-a-specific-email-address-based-on-a-selection.
Note: Our developers are creating a new interface for the conditions, the guide above might show a different display in your end, apologies.
Here's a screenshot of mine using the new condition wizard
In my first condition, if signature 1 is empty AND signature 2 is empty, THEN send notification "Approver 1" to the specific approver.
Here's my 2nd condition, IF signature 1 is filled out AND signature 2 is empty, then send "Approver 2" to the correct person.
4. Make sure to add an edit link in the notifications so that your approvers can edit the submission by adding their own signature.
I hope that helps.