- jordiasbAsked on August 23, 2016 at 01:03 PM
Hello from Spain. I'm unable to find a template for a COMMENT BOX in my iWeb personal website.
I find different (and very nice!) templates to fill forms or comments, but they don't get published after the writing in my own web. I receive an email with those comments, but I want them to appear on my site.
is it possible? Thanks in advanced
- CharlieAnswered on August 23, 2016 at 02:45 PM
Hi! Thank you for your interest in using JotForm.
Please note that JotForm allows you to create online forms, mainly these forms allows you to collect information from your users. However, what you are looking for is a real-time system where posts are easily published on a web page. That is not how JotForm works.
Here's an example work flow:
1. You embed your form on a website page.
2. A user fills out that form.
3. When he/she clicks the submit button, the information is recorded in our servers and an email notification is sent to you. You can view your submissions in your submissions page. Here's how to view your submissions page: https://www.jotform.com/help/269-How-to-View-Form-Submissions
4. It cannot interact in your form or your website page.
If you want to display the submission in your website page, then perhaps embedding reports like HTML table listing or Grid Listing report would work? You can see the other reports in this guide: https://www.jotform.com/help/326-How-To-Create-Form-Reports-in-JotForm
If you want to add a discussion thread on your form, perhaps adding these widgets will help: https://widgets.jotform.com/search/comment. To add a widget on your form, you can check this link: https://www.jotform.com/help/252-How-to-Add-a-Widget-to-your-Form
If you want the submissions to be posted on your website in real-time, then the only way is to come up with a custom script that can fetch the submission data in JotForm's server. That is possible using our API. If you are a developer and is familiar with this, you can check our documentation here: http://api.jotform.com/
If you are new to JotForm, I strongly suggest checking the following links to help you get familiar with our form builder:
I hope that helps.
- jordiasbAnswered on August 24, 2016 at 02:45 AMThank you very mch for your quick reply!!!
Jordi Salvadó Rius