Browse Article by TopicsField ID Field Name CSS ID Question Tags
Related Forum Questions
- Form Builder: Add widget/field name in properties modal as some fields do not show it (e.g. Unique ID)
- Pass Matrix field value to a prepopulated URL
- Duplicate field names displayed in the email notification
- Difficulty getting unique field names for each question
- Number input field does not allow any number other than 22
- If changes are made in a form, is the integration with Google spreadsheets automatically updated?
- Edit field IDs for posting
- Fillable PDF form
- How do I put the field names inside the field boxes instead of having labels?
- Input content in text box B based on content input of text box A
How to find field IDs and namesLast Update: November 27, 2016
Customizing the appearance of your fields using CSS is a common task in JotForm. Now, finding the field ID has been made easier. Allowing for smoother customization of every bit of your form. Instead of using Firebug or viewing the source code of the form, you can simply check the field properties:
1. In the form builder, select a field and click the Properties icon to open the properties window.
2. Go to the Advanced tab.
3. Scroll down to the bottom and click the Field Details button.
5. A small section will open up and you can see the Unique Name and Field ID.
Ever wanted to get all question tag names at once? Now you can!
While on properties view mode of any question, simply press CTRL+ Shift + I and you'll get the list of all of your form field tag names.
Was this easy for you? If you have any questions or suggestions, please share them in the comments section below.