Sometimes, you will want to have your form communicate with your users as they fill it out. The reasons for that are many and conditional logic is here to help you. In this guide, you will see how you can make fields required only when necessary.
Our demo will be a simple Dance Registration Form.
Usually, the form will only be filled out by one person, but the respondents should also have an option to register two if they wanted to bring a partner.
This means that if someone is to register themselves only, they do not need to provide a full name for their partner, but if they are bringing their partner with them, we need to know at least their name.
To set it up…
- Go to the Settings tab in the Form Builder.
- Click Conditions on the left.
- Add a new condition and select Enable/Require Field.
- Next, set up the condition and action. In our example form, the Conditional Logic would be as follows:
To break that down:
- We’ve set the condition or IF statement to check if the “Will you come with a partner?” question is equal to “Yes”
- The action or DO statement will set the “Partner’s Name” field to required if the condition is met
- Click the Save button to save the changes.
And that’s it!
Comments and suggestions are welcome below. If you have a question, post it in our Support Forum so we can assist you.