See also: Prefill
You can prepopulate your form fields by including the query strings in the URL. The query component is indicated by the first question mark (“?”) followed by the query parameters in the URL. Multiple query parameters are separated by the ampersand (“&”). The parameters are in key-value pairs where “key” is the field’s unique name and “value” is the field’s prefill value.
For example, here’s a form with fields prepopulated via query parameters:
This also works on embedded forms:
Generating Form URL with Query Parameters
To identify the accepted query strings or parameters on your form
- Open Field Prepopulator, then select Populate Fields at the bottom.
- In the Authorize dialog, select Allow.
- In the Form Picker dialog, choose your form, then select Continue in the lower-right corner.
- On the next page, provide the prefill values for your form by entering them in the form fields.
- Finally, select Generate URL at the top and copy the generated URL.
Note: For hidden fields, you can manually add them as parameters in the URL by identifying their unique names. To learn more, see Field IDs and Unique Names.
Share the generated URL with your users or use the URL structure as a template for prepopulating your form via query parameters from other sources.