You can prepopulate your form fields by including the query strings in the URL. The query component is indicated by the first question mark (“?”) followed by the query parameters in the URL. Multiple query parameters, in key-value pairs, are separated by the ampersand (“&”).
For example, here’s a form with fields prepopulated via query parameters:
This also works on embedded forms:
How to Generate a Form URL with Query Parameters
To identify the accepted query strings or parameters on your form
- Open Field Prepopulator.
- Click on Populate Fields at the bottom.
- Click on Allow in the Authorize window.
- Select the form in the Form Picker window.
- Click on Continue at the bottom right.
- Provide the prefill values for your form by entering them in the form fields.
- Click on Generate URL at the top.
- Copy the generated URL.
Share the generated URL with your users or use the URL structure as a template for prepopulating your form via query parameters from other sources.