HubSpot Prefill allows you to prepopulate your form with contacts or companies data from your HubSpot account. This will allow you to get all or some of the data from HubSpot and pre-populate your form with that information.
- In the form builder, go to the Publish tab.
- Click on the Prefill option.
- Select the HubSpot Prefill option from the list.
- Authenticate your HubSpot account to start using prefill feature.
- Select Contacts or Companies list from the dropdown.
- After list selection, existing fields will be matched automatically by the system. If you want to match more fields, you can click on the Add More button and match them manually. Click on the Save Settings button to start creating prefilled URLs.
- Click on the Add a New Prefill button. A pop-up will be shown with the HubSpot record list where you can select all or some particular records. You can also use the search bar to find a record. After that, click on the Create button to generate prefilled URLs for the selected data.
While you can select all records, you can only create 20 Prefilled URLs at a time. Therefore, selecting all and clicking the Create button will not work. You will receive a message indicating the limit instead.
- You can preview the prefilled forms by clicking the URL under the prefill name and see the form with prefilled information. Or you can click on Add a New Prefill button to create more prefilled URLs.
- By default, users can edit the pre-filled data. If you do not want users to edit the data, you can change the permission from Can Edit to Read Only. Click Can Edit and click the Read-Only option.
- You can select all Prefilled URLs and send or delete them at once. Click the Select All and click Send Invitation to send or click the Delete button to delete.
- When you click on the Send Invitation button, a popup window will appear to enter the recipient’s email address of each prefilled URL. It is optional, but you can also add a message. Once ready, click the Send Invitation button at the bottom of the window.
You can select all Prefilled URLs, but note you can only send an invitation to up to five (5) people at a time. Selecting more than this number will display an error message.
- On each Prefilled URL, clicking on the 3-dot menu will allow you to do the following:
- Send Invitation: If you wish to send the prefilled URL individually or wish to resend it if the user lost the previous invitation.
- Copy URL: If you wish to send the prefilled URL manually.
- Rename: If you want to change the name of the Prefilled URL.
- Delete URL: To delete the prefilled URL.
- If you want to change or remove matching fields, go to Settings.
- In the opened Settings Window, you can change the HubSpot list from Contacts to Companies or vice versa. Clicking on the Remove button will result in the deletion of all created prefilled form URLs and URLs will be disabled if any of them are already sent to the end-users.
HubSpot Prefill supports the following fields only:
- Text Fields: Name, Email, Address, Short Text, Long Text
- Number Fields: Phone, Number
- Selection Fields: Dropdown, Single Choice, Multiple Choice, Scale Rating, Spinner
If you have questions, suggestions, or having difficulty setting up the prefill, kindly comment below or contact us through our available support channels.