In this guide, you will learn how to show or hide multiple form fields at once using Conditional Logic. This is a great tool if you want to show fields based on another field’s answer. This would tidy up your form and make fields visible only when needed. So, assuming that the form is already created with all the needed fields, you just need to follow the steps below in order to show or hide multiple fields at once.
Let’s use the following event registration form with the “Are you bringing a partner?” question as an example: https://www.jotform.com/221063931387456
We will apply conditional logic to this field that would show a set of follow-up questions for the partner’s info if the user answered “Yes”.
To set this up…
- Go to the Settings tab in the Form Builder.
- Click Conditions on the left.
- Select the Show/Hide Field option.
- Set up the condition and action in the next window. In our example form, the conditional logic would be as follows:
To break that down:
- We’ve set the condition or IF statement to check if the “Are you bringing a partner?” question is equal to “Yes”
- The DO statement – Show Multiple – will show all the selected fields if the condition is met. Use Ctrl+Click or Shift+Click to select multiple fields.
- Click the Save button to save the changes.
If you have any questions, please let us know by posting a comment below or by creating a thread in our support forum.