Jotform Payment forms are now capable of using COUPON CODES as another payment option. This guide will show you how to add the Coupon Code in addition to the other options that are already available in the Payment Form described on this guide on How to Add Options to Payment Forms.
Start by adding your selected payment gateway from the Payment Fields.
1. Assuming that your products were already configured, click the PAYMENT FIELD to highlight it then click the WAND icon.
2. Go to the COUPONS tab and click the CREATE COUPON button.
3. In the coupon wizard, add the coupon details such as the COUPON CODE, COUPON LIMIT, DISCOUNT TYPE, DISCOUNT RATE, and so on.
Below is a short description of each:
A. COUPON CODE: The code or name of the coupon.
B. COUPON LIMIT: Set to none by default. You can set the limit BY EXPIRATION DATE or BY NUMBER OF USES. If you will set an expiration date, the coupon will be automatically expired after the selected date. For the number of uses, the coupon will be automatically void as soon as the limit is reached.
C. DISCOUNT TYPE: There are two discount types available:
- PERCENTAGE – Discount based on a percentage of the amount.
- FIXED AMOUNT – Discount is based on a fixed amount.
D. DISCOUNT RATE: The percent or amount of discount to apply. This is either in percent value or amount value, depending on the DISCOUNT TYPE selected.
E. APPLY DISCOUNT TO: Decide where you want to apply the discount.
- PRODUCT – Apply the discount to all or selected products only.
- SHIPPING – Apply the discount to the shipping rate instead of the total.
- TOTAL – Apply the discount to the total amount for payment.
F.1. DISCOUNTED PRODUCTS: If APPLY DISCOUNT TO is set to PRODUCT then you will be presented with options to select which products will be discounted.
F.2. MINIMUM ORDER AMOUNT FOR DISCOUNT: If APPLY DISCOUNT TO is set to SHIPPING or TOTAL then you will be presented with an option to enter the minimum order amount for a discount.
G. EDIT GLOBAL COUPON TEXT: This is optional if you wanted to change the texts used for warnings and description.
4. Scroll down, and don’t forget to click the SAVE button.
5. Close the wizard once you’re done. If you need to add more coupons, simply click the CREATE COUPON button again.
Do you want to see an example? Here’s a demo form https://www.jotform.com/70825264725964.
In addition, to delete or duplicate a coupon code, re-open the payment wizard and go back to the COUPONS tab again.
🔘 Hover your mouse over an existing coupon.
🔘 Click the GEAR icon.
🔘 Then choose DELETE or DUPLICATE accordingly.
Comments and suggestions are welcome below. If you have a question, post it in our Support Forum so we can assist you.