Browse Article by Topicspaypal payment ipn submission incomplete pending
- Setting Up Email Notifications
- How to Let Users Update Their Form Submissions at a Later Date
- Order Form Basics
- Order Form Types
- PayPal Forms
- How to Post Submission Data to Thank You Page
- How to Set Unique Submissions on a Form
- Add a Date on Email Notification
- How to Set up Paypal Along with Other Payment Options
- How to send Submissions to Your MySQL Database Using PHP
Related Forum Questions
- Question about plans
- can i create monthly auto renewal membership subscription for payment form
- Notifications don't work
- Why when I upgraded, 2016 submission that were deleted reappeared?
- How to setup email notifications on form submissions?
- Is there a callback function in your backend that may be called automatically when form/submission created/modified?
- Not receiving email notifications because the address is in the bounce list
- Received submissions that did not originate from the website where the form is embedded
- Not receiving submission notifications because the email was in the bounce list
- What sort of post-submission options do I have in Jotform?
How to Enable IPN on your Paypal AccountLast Update: January 4, 2017
IPN (Instant Payment Notification) is a POST message sent by Paypal (for regular merchant accounts) whenever a transaction is completed on their side. This message contains all the data regarding the payment transaction completed by a form user. Go to our Incomplete Payments FAQ for more information.
1. Log in to your Paypal account
2. Navigate to your Account's summary page. Scroll down and you should be able to see the "Seller Preferences".
3. In this page, find the "Instant Payment Notifications" option and click the "Update" button/link.
4. Click "Choose IPN Settings" to specify your listener's URL and activate the listener.
5. The following screen appears. Specify the Default URL for your listener in the Notification URL field. If you're not using IPN outside of JotForm, you may use https://www.jotform.com/ipns/paypal.php
Note: The default notification URL does not matter. JotForm just needs IPN to be enabled.
6. Choose Receive IPN messages (Enabled) to enable your listener.
7. Click Save.The following screen appears as a confirmation that your IPN has now been enabled.
8. Click Back to Profile Summary to return to the Profile after activating your listener.You also can click Edit settings to modify your notification URL or disable your listener. You can click Turn Off IPN to reset your IPN preferences.
Having problems with Incomplete Payments? Please go our Incomplete Payments FAQ (above) for more information or let us know in the comments box below.