IPN (Instant Payment Notification) is a POST message sent by Paypal (for regular merchant accounts) whenever a transaction is completed on their side. This message contains all the data regarding the payment transaction completed by a form user. Go to our Incomplete Payments FAQ for more information.
How to set up PayPal IPN settings?
1. Log in to your Paypal account
2. Navigate to your Account Settings page:
3. In the Account Settings page, click the Website Payments under Products and Services.
4. Click Update link under the Instant payment notifications option.
5. Click Choose IPN Settings button to specify your listener’s URL and activate the listener.
6. Specify the Default URL for your listener in the Notification URL field. If you’re not using IPN outside of Jotform, you may use https://ipn.jotform.com/ipns/paypal.php.
Note: The default notification URL does not matter. Jotform just needs IPN to be enabled.
7. Choose Receive IPN messages (Enabled) to enable your listener.
8. Click Save. The following screen appears as a confirmation that your IPN has now been enabled.
9. Click Back to Profile Summary to return to the Profile after activating your listener. You also can click Edit settings to modify your notification URL or disable your listener. You can click Turn Off IPN to reset your IPN preferences.