There are two easy ways to test your PayPal payment form. You can either make an actual payment or use PayPal Sandbox mode.
Test through PayPal Sandbox Mode
PayPal Sandbox is a virtual testing environment that mimics the live PayPal production environment. It works similarly to making an actual PayPal but without using real credit cards or live PayPal accounts.
There are two different sandbox account types, Personal and Business. If you are using PayPal Personal/Standard in your payment form, you’ll need the Personal account credentials. Otherwise, you’ll need the Business account credentials.
Let’s assume you are using PayPal Pro so you need to take the Business account credentials. To do that…
- Log in to https://developer.paypal.com/.
- Go to Accounts and click the Create account button.
- Select the Business (Merchant Account) option then click the Create button.
- Next, hover on the newly created account’s ellipsis icon and click View/edit account.
- Go to the API Credentials tab and copy the username, password, and signature.
- Afterward, enter these credentials into your PayPal Pro Payment Settings in the Form Builder.
- Next, scroll down and expand the Additional Gateway Settings section.
- Search and enable the Sandbox Mode option.
- Finally, scroll down to the bottom of the Payment Settings panel and click the Continue button to save the changes.
That’s it! You can preview your form and make a test payment.
Test by Making an Actual Payment
If you are not convinced with Sandbox Mode, you can make actual payments in your PayPal form.
- Create a test product and set its price to 0.01.
- Preview your form.
- Select the test product and make an actual payment.
This is great, thx!