Populate fields like text box, email, textarea, or even an address fieldset using the Update/Calculate Field condition.
We’ll be using this form as an example where we need to pass the Personal Email field’s value to the Business Email field.
- Go to the Settings tab in the Form Builder.
- Click Conditions on the left.
- Select the Update/Calculate Field option.
- Set the trigger and action next. For our sample form, the condition would look like the following:
To break that down:
- We’ve set the trigger or IF statement to check if the Personal Email field “Is Filled”.
- The action or DO statement will insert the Personal Email field’s value into the Business Email field if the condition is met.
- Click Save to complete the setup.
See it in action here: https://www.jotform.com/220771869989075
If you have questions or if you need further clarification with any of the steps above, please leave a comment below.