If you’re familiar with this workaround, well here’s a very simple way to achieve this without writing any single line of code.
From now on, you can now populate fields like text box, email, text area, or even an address field using the newly released feature called the Update/Calculate Field condition.
Assuming you have already created a form with two fields, e.g. Personal Email & Business Email. Now, you want to copy the personal email field value and populate it to the business email field whenever the Personal Email field is filled. Here’s how:
- Click Settings > Conditions in the form builder.
- In the Conditions wizard, select Update/Calculate Field.
- On the next window, do the following.
- Select a trigger point in the IF dropdown. This is usually the source field.
- Set the STATE to “Is Filled”.
- Select “Copy a Field’s value” in the DO dropdown. Optional: if you want to copy multiple fields, select “Copy Multiple Field values”.
- Set the FROM field (a field where the value will be taken or copied).
- Select the TO field (a field where the value will be passed).
- Click Save and preview your form.
See it in action:
If you have questions or if you need further clarification with any of the steps above, please leave a comment below.