Now you want to enable or disable your form fields based on the user’s input. That is possible using Jotform’s Conditional Logic.
Disabling or settings the form fields to read-only can be useful if you need to keep them visible while preventing the form fillers from changing the field values. Here’s a demo form to see how it works.
To conditionally enable or disable form fields…
- Go to the Settings tab in the Form Builder.
- Choose Conditions on the left.
- Add a new condition and select Enable/Require Field.
- Next, set up the condition and action. In our demo form, the Conditional Logic would be as follows:
To break that down:
- We’ve set the condition or IF statement to check if the “Read-only” field is equal to “Yes”.
- The action or DO statement will disable all the fields if the condition is met.
- Click the Save button to save the changes.
If you have questions or concerns, feel free to comment below.
What does it mean to enable or disable a field? Will it then not be possible to show a disabled field with conditional logic?