Embedding a Google Spreadsheet file or a Jotform Tables is possible using the Iframe Embed widget. All you have to do is ensure that the file you’re going to embed is publicly available for viewing. Please watch the following video or read below for the steps.
Getting the URL of the Spreadsheet
The first thing you should do is get the URL of the spreadsheet and make sure it is public. To do that:
- In your Google Spreadsheet URL, click the File option.
- Click Share from the options.
- Select which share option you’d like to configure. Let’s assume you select Share with others.
- In the General access dropdown, choose Anyone with the link.
- Click the Copy Link button.
You’re now ready to embed the spreadsheet.
If you want to embed your Jotform Tables, follow the steps from this guide instead: How to Share Your Jotform Tables and Collaborate. Share the Jotform Tables as public.
Embedding Spreadsheet Using Iframe Embed Widget
Now that you have the spreadsheet URL, let’s embed it using the iframe embed widget. Here are the steps:
- In the Form Builder, click the Add Form Element button.
- Click the Widgets tab.
- Search for Iframe Embed, and click it to add.
- Paste your Spreadsheet URL to the Frame URL box on the Iframe Widget Settings.
- Finally, click the Update Widget button. You will automatically see the spreadsheet embedded in the form.
The widget will not display the whole width of the spreadsheet file. Consider adjusting your form width if you want to see most parts of the embedded spreadsheet. For more information, see The Importance of Form Widths.
Here’s a demo form you can check with the embedded spreadsheet: https://www.jotform.com/222438681301047.