How to Collect GPS Coordinates with Mobile Forms
October 22, 2020
You may need to record GPS coordinates on forms such as incident reports, order delivery forms, and more. You can now do this with Jotform Mobile Forms.
There are three widgets you can use to capture location information:
Please follow the steps below to create a form that can capture GPS coordinates:
1. Tap on the + icon at the top-left side of the screen.
2. Choose your Layout and then create a form from scratch, use a template, or import an existing form.
3. Click on the Widgets tab, and search for one of the widgets mentioned above. Add the widget to your form.
4. In the widget wizard, you can change the widget settings to meet your needs. You may need a Google Maps API key to be entered in the widget wizard.
5. Your form can now capture accurate location coordinates from the respondents.
If the respondent submits the form using a mobile browser, they will have to allow the Jotform app to access location information on their device.
Do you have any comments, feedback, or suggestions about collecting location coordinates with Jotform Mobile Forms? Please leave us a message in the comment section below or ask your question in our Support Forum.
Thank you for helping improve Jotform's user guides. 🎉