It’s hard to imagine that this year started out relatively normal. We went into the office regularly. Work travel was still a thing. In-person conferences at destination cities carried on as usual. Heck, you could even see your colleagues for face-to-face happy hours.
We know the rest. But for a year that never really happened, there’s sure been a lot going on.
Jotform looked a lot different this year, too. From our major announcements to the ways people used our products, here’s a look at the innovations and statistics that defined Jotform in 2020.
How Jotform was used in 2020
2020 wasn’t business as usual. For many organizations, the sudden need to work remotely meant doing away with paper workflows and finding electronic replacements. Gone were printed patient forms for medical practices, and order forms and agreement forms for small businesses.
This shift is apparent when we look at the (1) most common types of forms from Jotform users this year:
- Liability waiver forms
- Consent forms
- Online order forms
- Health screening forms
- Petition forms (election based)
- Video submission forms
- Telehealth registration forms
- Webinar registration forms
- Class registration forms
- Employee timesheet forms
Liability waivers, consent, health screening, and telehealth registration forms are all a direct result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
(2) This year Jotform users collected about 4 million payments (so far) through order forms, donation forms, registration forms, and more — (3) a 25-percent increase from 2019. This was partly because so many organizations did away with in-person transactions and needed a simple way to get paid online.
Jotform offers integrations with 30 different payment processors, so companies can use the same payment system with Jotform that they use for in-person payments. Some of our most popular payment integrations include Square, PayPal, Stripe, and Authorize.Net.
Many nonprofits and schools use Jotform to collect donations that are critical to their operations. In 2020, (4) more than $54,987,776 donations were collected through JotForm-powered donation forms. And that came from (5) 220,691 donors. Nicely done!
(6) Over 3 million new people signed up for a Jotform account in 2020, which is more than any other year by a mile (with two weeks still to go).
Where we experienced growth might be the more surprising stat. (7) About 26 percent of new Jotform users in 2020 work in healthcare. That’s largely because Jotform’s HIPAA-friendly forms were a go-to replacement for paper forms when practices had to immediately move online. (8) The number of HIPAA-friendly Jotform accounts increased by more than 320 percent.
Jotform had four major product announcements this year. While each one is quite a bit different from the others, they all share one thing in common: They’ll save you some serious time.
(9) Jotform Tables
Over two years of product development in the making, Jotform Tables allows you to manage and share your data like never before. It’s a spreadsheet-database hybrid that works independently of your forms and gives you and your team a centralized place to collaborate on projects, analyze data, perform calculations, and much more.
(10) Jotform Smart PDF Forms
With Jotform Smart PDF Forms, you can convert a fillable PDF document into an easy-to-fill online form and receive submissions to that form in the original PDF format. This is perfect when you’ve got a long PDF form that someone needs to fill out and sign on a mobile device. The online format is easier for users to complete, but you still get a PDF form as the output.
(11) Jotform Report Builder
We introduced Jotform Report Builder as a way to automatically generate stunning visual reports from the form submissions you receive. Either present directly from Jotform or download your report as a PDF.
(12) Assign Forms
Assign your form to a colleague or client so they can fill it out or edit it, either from their desktop or mobile device. It’s as easy as entering their email address or sharing a link. You can even set up reminders to make sure the assignee completes your form.
Additional product improvements
While not necessarily headline news, we released several features and product improvements that are very popular and sure to give your forms a boost.
Jotform’s new order form enhancements help you get your products into the hands of your customers faster than ever. Now you can (13) organize products into categories, (14) generate invoices, (15) add a search function, (16) set a minimum order amount, and (17) display your products in a card view or in a (18) list view.
(19) 2020 brought the need for better remote collaboration. Now you can add notes and share submissions through Jotform Inbox, an easy way to organize and view submissions.
(20) Jotform’s new default form theme got a major facelift. Without putting any extra effort in, you can create forms that look like they were designed by a pro.
(21) The new Fill in the Blank field allows you to insert form fields into blocks of text, which makes your form seem more conversational.
(22) Your clients, patients, or colleagues can now schedule appointments directly through a form with Jotform’s new appointment field.
Jotform released nine integrations in 2020 so you can do more with the information you collect through your forms. Here’s an overview of some of the most popular integrations we released this year:
Even before Zoom became so popular during the pandemic, we thought it would be handy to create a JotForm-Zoom integration. But this year made it an outright necessity.
Our Zoom integration allows you to create new meetings from submissions, which is great for telemedicine practitioners who allow patients to book online. The integration also enables you to add attendees to a webinar or online event. (24) More than 260,000 Zoom attendees first registered for their online event (25) through one of 4,492 Zoom-integrated forms in 2020.
(26) PayPal Commerce Platform
With PayPal Commerce Platform, your customers can submit payments using the payment method they prefer. Integrate PayPal Commerce Platform with your payment form, and your customers will be presented with checkout buttons that include PayPal, credit card, and even Venmo. Create a PayPal business account and give it a try today.
Zendesk is the gold standard for customer support software. With Jotform’s new Zendesk integration, you can seamlessly create new customer support tickets whenever someone submits a form. The integration also lets you send uploads and attach tags to new tickets created from submitted form data.
(28) Microsoft Power Automate
Microsoft Power Automate enables you to automate your workflow by syncing form submissions to third-party apps, like OneDrive, Excel, or Microsoft Word.
Here’s a collection of additional 2020 announcements if you’d like to learn more about other great tools to connect to your forms:
(29) EngageBay: Send form submissions automatically to EngageBay’s CRM.
(30) Visme: Jazz up for your presentations by adding a form to Visme.
(31) PieSync: Update your contacts in other apps through Jotform’s PieSync integration.
(32) Ziggeo: Record and upload videos directly through a form using Jotform’s Ziggeo widget.
(33) Facebook Pixel: Retarget your audience on Facebook using online forms.
Coronavirus Responder Program
(34) More than 6,400 organizations were accepted into our Coronavirus Responder Program, which we released in April. The program provides free, unlimited, HIPAA-friendly Jotform accounts to first responders, healthcare workers, and government and nonprofit organizations that want to help their communities. We’re touched by all of the stories about people and organizations using Jotform to help make a difference, like Crush the Curve Idaho.
(35) We’re excited to announce that we just extended the program until the end of March 2021. Be sure to apply today!
Jotform Enterprise helps entire organizations create and distribute forms to manage the flow of critical data. (36) The number of Enterprise customers increased by more than 620 percent this year. These customers include large corporations, major universities, and government agencies spread across the world.
New partnership program
In September (37) Jotform announced our Solutions Partner Program, which rewards agencies and consultants for implementing Jotform for their clients. Partners can earn recurring revenue and get the dedicated training and support they need to serve their clients.
Whether 2021 brings in an era of normalcy, or the world somehow gets even weirder, we’ll continue to adapt to make sure Jotform fits the way you work. Whether you’re working from your couch, your office, or even your yacht, Jotform is ready to help.
From all of us at Jotform, have a wonderful holiday season. And cheers to taking on 2021, no matter what challenges lie ahead.
Did you use any of Jotform’s new features or products this year? Let us know what your favorite one was in the comments below.