JotForm Tables makes it easier than ever to import data. You’ll be able to manage that data along with your original form data.
Follow these steps to import your data:
1. In JotForm Tables, click the Add Tab button.
2. Enter a name for the tab.
3. Select the Spreadsheet view.
4. Click the Next button to go to the next step.
5. Select the Import from file option, and click the Next button.
6. Choose the file that contains your data. Only CSV, XLS, and XLSX formats are accepted.
7. Once you’ve selected the file, the upload process will begin. Once the files have been uploaded, the following screen will be displayed:
You have the option to set the first row of the file as column headers. Click the Next button to proceed.
8. On the next screen, you’ll see the list of Imported Columns (the headers) and the corresponding Column Types. Set the column type for each column of the imported file, and then click the Create button.
9. The table now includes the imported data:
If you chose not to make the first row of the file the column headers (in step 7), the column headers will be labeled with letters only. The table will look like this:
If you wish to rename the column headers, just double-click each cell and type the name.
When you import data, you’ll be able to manage it within JotForm Tables. However, the Reply feature is disabled for imported data. The Edit Entry feature is also disabled, which means you cannot use imported data to trigger a workflow. You can use the Inline Edit feature (double-clicking the cell to edit it) if you wish to update imported data.