Imported entries via the Import App count as real submissions.
Be mindful of the fact that your account submission count would get impacted, which may result in reaching your account monthly and total Submission limit.
Importing your data in Excel or CSV format to your Jotform it’s never been so easy. Here is how:
- Go to https://import.jotform.io/.
- Click the Import Submissions Now button.
- Authorize the app to access your forms by clicking the Allow button.
- Select the form you want to import the data to then click Continue.
- Apply the template format from the import tool to your Excel or CSV file.
For more information, check out the “CSV and XLS Template Format” section of this guide. Once the source file is ready…
- Click the Select Source File button and select the XLS or CSV file that you want to import.
- Finally, click the Import button.
Wait for the import to finish and if all goes well, you should see the Results at the bottom of the page.
The imported entries should now appear in your Jotform Tables.
CSV and XLS Template Format
The template produced by the import tool will tell you what the Excel or CSV file’s format should be so that the imported data is handled properly for you.
We suggest reading all of them carefully before going to the actual import. This is to ensure that all data goes to the right place. It’s quite easy, all you have to do is change your Excel or CSV file’s headings and lines to match the template’s format.
For example, here’s the data in the original Excel file.
Take a look at the format we get from the import tool:
For the import to work, we have to edit the original Excel file and apply the template from the import tool:
Note that form elements with multiple fields like Full Name and Address are different, we must combine the data into one column even if your data is stored in multiple columns.
If you’re having difficulties, our support is online 24/7 and they’ll be happy to assist you.