Some adblockers can block Facebook Pixel to capture and send data. Thus, while testing, it would be better to temporarily disable adblockers to see the results. Likewise, tracking the activity of your users may be impossible if they have adblockers installed.
You can install the Facebook Pixel on almost any platform. In Jotform, you can use the Facebook Pixel widget to easily add the snippet to your form. The widget lists the standard events you can select from, allowing you to track these activities when needed. For reference, here’s the list of all Standard Events and their purposes.
Installing Facebook Pixel in the Form
To install Facebook Pixel on your form, follow these steps:
- In the Form Builder, click the Add Form Element button on the top left of the page.
- Go to the Widgets section.
- Search for and click Facebook Pixel to add it to your form. You can also drag/drop it to add.
- In the widget Settings, enter your Facebook Pixel ID.
- Check all items you wish to track from the Events to track section.
- Finally, click the Update Widget button to save the changes.
Now that you’ve installed the pixel on your form, you can perform tests to see if it’s working. Here’s the easiest way to test your pixel:
- Select your pixel from the Facebook Pixel Event Manager section.
- Go to the Test Events tab.
- Enter your form URL and click the Open Website button.
If you select the PageView event in the Facebook Pixel Widget Settings, you’ll immediately see the PageView standard event on the same tab when you view your form. For example:
To track the rest of the standard events, fill out your form and submit it. This will send the selected standard events into the pixel dashboard as shown below:
That’s pretty much it. You now have a fully working Facebook Pixel running on your form, so you can start tracking conversions and creating custom audiences for almost any of the standard events you want, whether it’s form visits, completed payments, or completed registrations.