You can read more about Facebook Pixel in their guide: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/facebook-pixel.
Facebook Pixel is common on many advertising platforms. It helps you track the behavior of your website visitors so you’ll know their interests and be able to optimize your campaign.
Installing Facebook Pixel is easy. With its many embed options, you can install the pixel on just about any platform. Our developers have built a Facebook Pixel widget that you can easily add to your form. The widget has a list of standard events you can select from, allowing you to track the events you prefer.
To install Facebook Pixel on your form, follow these steps:
- In the Form Builder, click Add Form Element on the top left of the page.
- Go to the Widgets tab and drag and drop Facebook Pixel to your form.
- In the Facebook Pixel Widget Settings, enter your Facebook Pixel ID and select the Events you want to track.
Your Facebook Pixel ID is the 15-digit number found on the top left of your Facebook Events Manager page under your pixel name. Here’s an example:
For reference, here’s the list of all Standard Events and their purposes.
Now that you’ve installed the pixel on your form, you can perform tests to see if it’s working. Here’s the easiest way to test your pixel:
- Go to the Facebook Pixel Event Manager: https://www.facebook.com/events_manager2/list/
- Select your pixel from the list, and then go to the Test Events tab.
- Enter your form URL and click the Open Website button.
- If you selected the PageView event in the Facebook Pixel Widget Settings, you’ll immediately see the PageView standard event on the same tab when you view your form. For example:
To track the rest of the standard events, fill out your form and submit it. This will send the selected standard events into the pixel dashboard as shown below:
That’s pretty much it. You now have a fully working Facebook Pixel running on your form so you can start tracking conversions and begin creating custom audiences for almost any of the standard events you want, whether it’s form visits, completed payments, or completed registrations.
Hello... I followed the steps, but I have a message from Events Manger on Facebook saying that :
Unsupported web browser
The web browser you're using is not supported by the Test Events tool. Please try another web browser to toubleshoot your events.
I have a step by step form, i inserted the widget and it isn't firing. i NEED some help here please
Doesn't work if you embed the form on your website. It triggers only the PageView event. Amateurs. ?
Same question as above... I have multiple step form.
for first thank you a lot.
If i have a step by step form, in which step have i to insert the facebook pixel widget to track a lead?