Unlike the If/Else Condition element which can only branch to up to two paths (true or false), the Conditional Branch allows you to direct your workflow up to the number of conditions or branches you define.
Setting Up a Conditional Branch
Here’s an example of how to set up a basic conditional branch:
- Add a Conditional Branch element to your approval flow.
- Click the gear icon to open the element’s settings window.
- Click Add a new branch.
- Afterward, set up your conditions for the new branch.
- The branch name is optional.
- Click the plus (+) icon to add a condition to the new branch.
- Click Save to create the new branch.
- Next, choose Add a new branch again to set up another condition, or click Save when you’re done.
- Create a path from your Conditional Branch block then select a condition or branch for that path.
Connect an element or create an outcome from there at your discretion.
- Do the same for the rest of the conditions or branches you defined.
That’s about it for the basic Conditional Branch setup. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to Jotform Support.
Como faço para não chegar nenhum e-mail nos e-mails que eu colocar quando eu preencher os formularios?
When I create an approval flow, I am generating the email for approval. I then click on approve and the web page opens up with a flashing email icon. I check the tables and the approval status is In Progress. I am not sure why the approval is not changing to approved. Any suggestions?
Can an approval branch be used to send a specific autoresponder email to the person who completed the form depending on what they selected?