This guide is for embedding forms to Google Sites Classic. For the newer version, see New Google Sites.
What is Google Sites?
Google Sites is a structured wiki and web page creation tool offered by Google to help anyone create websites where people can collaborate and share files. Jotform helps those who need customized web forms on their Google Site. Watch the video or follow the steps below to add a form to Google Sites.
- On the Form Builder, click Publish at the top.
- Go to the Platforms section.
- Search for Google Sites.
- Click on the Google Sites (Classic) tile to open the publish wizard.
- On the next page, click the Copy Code button.
- Now, go to your Google Site, then switch to Edit Mode.
- Go to the Insert tab, then select More Gadgets.
- On the next page, select Add Gadget by URL on the left.
- Paste the gadget URL you just copied from the Form Builder.
- Click the Add button.
- The gadget settings will open where you should type in or paste your Form ID to add the form to your page.
If your form is long, we recommend adjusting the Height value, and at the same time, check the Include a scrollbar on gadget when necessary.
The Form ID is the long string of numbers found at the end of your form URL. For example, if the form URL is
https://www.jotform.com/220705623938054, the Form ID is 220705623938054.
- Click the Ok button.
- Finally, click the Save button at the top of the editor to save your changes. That’s it!
You can view a demo of an embedded form on the following Classic Google Site: https://sites.google.com/a/jotform.com/jotform-support/membership
If you wish to set your form background to be transparent, look at our guide on Making the Form Background Transparent.
How’d you do? Did you have any difficulties adding a form to Google Sites? Please share your thoughts, recommendations, or anything in the comments section below.