JotForm HIPAA accounts are served from an isolated HIPAA system. In that system, we are taking additional measures in addition to our normal practices to avoid even unintentional data breaches. When you upgrade to HIPAA compliance, all your data is migrated to the isolated HIPAA system which supports HIPAA guidelines.
You may create a new account or upgrade your existing JotForm account to HIPAA compliance. Our upgrade wizard will help you with both cases and in this guide, we will explain those steps.
- The upgrade wizard is initiated from https://www.jotform.com/myaccount/data.
- The upgrade wizard will first check your subscription type. We are offering HIPAA compliance only for Silver or Gold subscriptions. If you don’t have a Silver or Gold subscription you will see the following message.
- The upgrade wizard will check if you have verified your email address. If you have not already verified your email address, you will see the following message. “You can update your email address, trigger re-sending verification email to continue.”
- The upgrade wizard will ask you to define a new password. This password will be your account password after your account is upgraded to HIPAA Compliance. The new password has to follow the HIPAA guidelines. The rules are:
- It must be different from your last 6 passwords.
- It must have a minimum of 8 characters.
- It must be a mix of upper case, lower case, numbers, and special characters.
After defining your new password, please click “Next” to continue.
- At this step, you will be asked to sign JotForm’s Business Associate Agreement (BAA). Please provide the required information and click “Submit”. BAA will be generated automatically with the information you have provided and will be sent to you via email once the upgrade operation is completed on your account. Here is how the BAA form looks like.
- In this step, the upgrade wizard will review all your forms for HIPAA compliance. To avoid any HIPAA compliance issue, JotForm will allow the use of only HIPAA compliant widgets and integrations in your forms. If the wizard detects any elements in your forms that are not HIPAA compliant, it will list those elements.
If no issues are found, then you are all set to begin the migration. Please click “Next” to start migrating your forms to our HIPAA system.
- Clicking “Next” in the previous step will trigger the automated migration process for your forms. Once the migration is completed, you will see the following screen showing the result of migration. From this screen, you can download JotForm’s signed Business Associate Agreement (BAA). Click “Complete” to close the wizard.
- You will also receive an email notifying you about the result of the migration. JotForm’s signed Business Associate Agreement (BAA) will also be attached to this email.
- Congratulations! Your account, forms, and data are now HIPAA Compliant. The HIPAA Compliance badge is automatically added to your account and forms.
- HIPAA compliance is available only for the Silver and Gold plans. If you are not on any of these plans, you need to upgrade to a Silver or Gold plan first. Here is a more detailed user guide about how to upgrade your account.
- Please make sure your email address is verified.