We are excited to announce that we have just released the new version of Jotform PDF Editor.
With Jotform, it is possible to attach submission PDF files to Email Notifications and track your submission data directly from your email inbox.
Here is how to configure it:
- While you are in the Form Builder, open Settings from the top navigation.
- Click the Emails tab on the left to configure the email settings for your form.
- Hover on the Email Notification and click on the edit (pen) icon.
- On the configuration interface, click on the Advanced tab to navigate to advanced settings.
- Enable the PDF Attachment option.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click on the Save button to save the changes.
PDF Attachment for HIPAA Compliant Accounts
If your submission data contains protected health information (PHI), this method may result in a HIPAA violation as most email services do not provide built-in encryption. To avoid this type of data breach, Jotform asks you to protect submission PDFs with a password if you want to receive them as an attachment with your Email Notifications.
Your password must contain a minimum of 8 characters and it must be a mix of upper case, lower case, numbers, and special characters.
After you complete configuring your submission PDFs and protecting them with a password, you will be able to receive them in your email alerts.
Upon attempting to view the PDF, you will be asked to provide the password. You can view it directly in your browser or download it to your computer and open it later. Whenever you try to view the PDF, you’ll be asked for the password you set during configuring your Email Notification.