With Jotform, it is possible to attach submissions as PDFs to your email notifications and track your submission data directly from your email inbox.
To include PDF reports in your email notifications
- In the Form Builder, select Settings at the top.
- Go to Emails on the left, then edit your notification.
- Next, go to the Advanced tab.
- Turn on Attach PDF, then choose the PDFs to attach.
- Scroll down to the bottom and select Save to save the changes.
Did you know?
You can edit and customize your PDF reports in Jotform PDF Editor.
Attaching PDFs for HIPAA Forms
If your submission data contains protected health information (PHI), attaching submissions as PDFs may result in a HIPAA violation as most email services do not provide built-in encryption. To avoid this type of data breach, you need to protect submission PDFs with a password.
Your password must contain a minimum of 8 characters and it must be a mix of upper case, lower case, numbers, and special characters.
After configuring your submission PDFs, you’ll be able to receive them in your email alerts. Open the PDFs in your browser or download them to your computer.